Requesting Permission to Replace Report System on my Forum

Requesting Permission to Replace Report System on my Forum

mopsnetwork
Hello,

Based on one of my past posts regarding the reporting posts system, which I understand are sent directly to Nabble, I still feel this is an inconvenience and shows lack of responsibility for my own community.

Having said that, I am aware that most forums have rules that if you remove their report features or modify them, they will delete tour entire forum.

I was wondering if I may have permission to remove your report system and replace it with something of our own, to better moderate our forum?

Thanks.

Re: Requesting Permission to Replace Report System on my Forum

GregChapman
My understanding is that the Nabble reporting system is designed to meet Nabble's legal obligations as a content publisher under Californian law, the jurisdiction under which it operates. I do not imagine they will grant your request.

However, that shouldn't stop you from being able to add NAML code to provide your own internal reporting system on your forum.

Re: Requesting Permission to Replace Report System on my Forum

mopsnetwork
Could someone like Hugo confirm this, please?

Most forums require some sort of report system by law, I understand, but if I were to insert my own, that should basically be just as good, especially since my community takes everything seriously, our system would be pretty close to Nabble's, with options ranging from reporting sexual content to posting malware, etc.

I would personally like to make it so when somebody clicks on the flag, that it will open our own report system.

My other concern is that a community like mine, we've had on our old forum, random visitors signing up and abusing the report feature heavily. I wouldn't want this to tick off Nabble's staff.