Request for timed topic expirey

Camo
This post was updated on .
I would like to have the topics of a given forum 'expire' or, be hidden after a given period, say, 30 days.
 Options might be to 'auto move' an expired topic to an 'archive' subforum visible only to admin perhaps,
or to 'auto insert' an 'expired' text to the topics title?
Also would it be possible to add a 'sold' button (for this forum and all its sub forums, visible only to the author) next to 'More options' which when pressed by the author, would insert 'sold' text or image to the first post of the topic?

http://classifieds.1047537.n5.nabble.com/;cid=1304183178883-939
http://classifieds.1047537.n5.nabble.com/

If this is possible I will create an Archive subforum with appropriate permissions.

examples of image for 'sold'  or
Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles

Re: Request for timed topic expirey

Hugo <Nabble>
This feature looks like the "Lock topic" feature that we already have, but with a new icon. But we would have to move the topic to another location after N days. This change is not so simple, mainly because we don't have these events implemented (i.e., run feature X after N days). If you really need this, you would have to request it from the premium support forum and it would take one or two week to be finished.

When the new templets come out, will we be able to add coding ourselves? If so I could come up with something. Access to templets will really send nabble rocketing i think. This would open up a world of customization  possibilities.
Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles

Re: Request for timed topic expirey

Peter <Nabble>
Yes, you will be able to add some coding.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: Request for timed topic expirey

Camo
Not locked topic Hugo, its called 'pruning' mate. My request for button would be obsolete if you implemented this feature. I was thinking it would be a generic feature, you could simply extend your garbage code a bit.
Pruning options are a standard feature of almost all forum types including your competitors im sure.
Its switched off by default and admins can select either a number of days or set templet such as '30 days', 60, 90 etc.
All topics older than the selected age are deleted, either for the entire forum or select sub forums.

Bandwidth obviously has some significance for nabble (you must ultimately pay for it), given you have the garbage (deletion after inactivity) script in place, you forbid sig images from your own hosting etc, I would have thought an obvious extention of that would be a pruning option for those who want it.
It would save your users much work and ultimate cut back your bandwidth.

I dont work, im on a list for new heart and I have a family, money is tight, I simply cant afford to pay for favoritism, aka 'premium' support, dude I can barely keep the internet on, only reason I can, is the guy who
owns the website where the forum is, is not computer literate and pays my bandwidth in exchange for my management of his website.
I see certain people have made a hobby of asking Hugo for special features, mostly 'bells & whistles', and mostly granted, I urge you please reconsider this request as a standard nabble feature, for everyones benefit, not just mine.

The guy just wants post on this particular forum (hosting classifieds ads) deleted after 30 days, since after that time they are useless given the market. Neither he, nor I have the time to manually delete what will amount to hundreds of threads a month. If your script can detect inactivity and delete, how hard could it be to extend a little?

I know your time is premium Hugo, but so is everyone elses, none more so mine, I may well be dead before your new templates are done. I can write codes for your users as long as Im around, and help those whose questions I can answer, how about some premium attention to this request that benefits you too?
Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles

Re: Request for timed topic expirey

Camo
Bump # Attention please