Report content as inappropriate is bad idea for my forum

Report content as inappropriate is bad idea for my forum

ADMINY
Unless the reported post is reported directly to me than this will be a waste of time and undoubtedly be abused by angry forum members. The discussions in my forum can get quite heated as some of the issues discuses are about religion and philosophy among other things. I can guarantee you when someone disagrees with another post they will click this feature yet it will not be something that needs deleting.

Re: Report content as inappropriate is bad idea for my forum

GregChapman
I understand that your post is probably a response to the announcement at:
http://support.nabble.com/Reporting-Content-as-Inappropriate-td6595259.html

With regards to angry forum members abusing, or misunderstanding the feature, then it is probably best to make your users aware of where the report is sent and how it is dealt with.

I recall (and may be misremembering or misinterpreting their comment) that the Nabble Team have made posts indicating that the feature is mainly there to allow them to take action where posts are breaking Nabble's term and conditions or where they may face action under Texas law, the state where the servers are located.