Reply page doesn't show "Email this post to..."

Reply page doesn't show "Email this post to..."

kulath
On some forums, for example gramps-user: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html, the Reply page (for composing a reply to a post) does not show the lines:

[] Alert me by email when someone posts to this thread
<> Email this post to...

These lines do appear when I try to reply to a post on the Nabble Support forum: http://support.nabble.com/

Tim.

Re: Reply page doesn't show "Email this post to..."

GregChapman
kulath wrote
On some forums, for example gramps-user: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html, the Reply page (for composing a reply to a post) does not show the lines:

[] Alert me by email when someone posts to this thread
<> Email this post to...
That is to be expected in a mail list archive.

With regard to the first option Nabble assumes that users of a mail list archive want to avoid receiving emails. Those who do are expected to post by email and install the necessary mail rules to exclude any unwanted posts to the mail list.

With regard to the second option, Nabble expects that users wanting to Cc: their mail list posts elsewhere would make their posts via email using program's Cc: facility.
These lines do appear when I try to reply to a post on the Nabble Support forum: http://support.nabble.com/
While any Nabble forum does offer some mail list-like facilities, Nabble Support is set up as a forum and  it is expected to be used as one. (Most forum users find the endless quotes from previous posts that so often appear when some users respond to topics via email incredibly annoying.)

But the lines always used to appear on the gramps-user archive before I tried to resubscribe the archive to the mailing list. Is there a setting to change it?

Re: Reply page doesn't show "Email this post to..."

GregChapman
Pass!

I confess that my answer was to some extent guesswork and assumption as I don't maintain any mail list archives myself. Nevertheless I am surprised that the feature used to exist.

There have been a lot of minor changes to Nabble's code recently, which we are told is to help stabilise the platform before work is undertaken to migrate to a new platform called Blasma. Possibly, this is part of that process?