Reply Button Hidden - Weebly Site

Gary Lewis
GregChapman wrote
Hi Gary,

Having replied to Jim, I looked at the code on your site around the Nabble embedding code and see it includes overflow-y: hidden;. That will cause the problem if the div it affects is of a fixed height. I haven't investigated far enough to find the issue, but I think that should be your starting point.
Greg - Thanks!  I thought we should discuss this outside of Jim's thread, so started a new one.  And I used "Weebly Site" in the subject because I'm pretty sure I'm using bog stock Weebly code, so this could be a problem for others as well.

So, I'll poke around.  But I really don't know that much about it so am sure to be back to ask lots more questions.

THANKS!

I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Reply Button Hidden - Weebly Site

Gary Lewis
Greg - I've found this code.  Is that what you are talking about?

I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Reply Button Hidden - Weebly Site

GregChapman
Yes!

I just class it as suspicious at the moment!

I'd only expect it to have the effect you complain of if the either the
div id="659418028832612648"
or the
class="wcustomhtml"
has styling that fixes the height, and as I just discovered, some of the site builder programmers apply different styling  depending on whether they detect a mobile browsers or not.

Re: Reply Button Hidden - Weebly Site

GregChapman
After a lot of tests on Jim's forum I've concluded that things are not doing what they should on his forum - go see what I've posted at:
http://www.jimbrock.me.uk/f12019/
Work up from the earliest post.

Re: Reply Button Hidden - Weebly Site

Gary Lewis
Wow!  You were on a mission.  And it looked like you figured out what the issue is that my users sometimes have - and my forum is on N8.  But then toward the end it looked like you decided not, so I'm not sure.

Anyway, thanks for playing Sherlock.  (Did I ever tell you that I used to daily walk by where 221B Baker Street would have been if it really existed?)
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Reply Button Hidden - Weebly Site

GregChapman
I am about to make a bug report post. It occurs to me it might be handy if you could add a further sub-forum to yours to use as a test bed on the bug and to see how similar the results I obtained on Jim's forum are on yours.

Re: Reply Button Hidden - Weebly Site

Gary Lewis
Greg - Thanks ever so much for the help.  And, I've added another sub-forum, called Test Sub-Forum, oddly enough.  But, how are we going to use it?  Do I need to post some things there?  Raven is a member so can, but do you want to join?

And, should I post in your new bug report topic?  I really don't understand all of what you said, so am happy to just follow along unless I can help.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Reply Button Hidden - Weebly Site

GregChapman
Hi Gary,

What I had in mind for your test forum was just the opportunity to make test posts and replies that don't appear in an active part of your forum that demonstrate the way that, when embedded, Nabble goes into "fixed height mode" and hides the Post and Preview buttons.

Maybe we don't need a test forum if you can point me at posts that reliably demonstrate the hidden buttons when you reply. From some reports on Nabble Support it seems that some bugs have only affected certain browsers. Is that a factor in your case?

Re: Reply Button Hidden - Weebly Site

Gary Lewis
Well, I've already put up the Test Sub-forum, so I'm happy to use that.

As for "posts that reliably demonstrate the hidden buttons when you reply", I don't know of any.  In fact, I've not had it happen to me in a couple of weeks, and even then using the Control+ trick I got past it.

And it seems to happen to any of the browser the users have.

Anyway, how do we test this? What is the magic height, and is it of a post or the thread/topic?
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/