Removing Profile Picture - Personal Account Not Moderator / Owner

Removing Profile Picture - Personal Account Not Moderator / Owner

endernafi
Hello,

I want to remove my profile picture or avatar if you may
because almost nobody uses one in the list which I'm a member of.
It's a little awkward for now.

But as you can see in the attached screenshot;
there isn't any *Remove* or *Delete* button.

The closest one to my purpose is *Reset*
and it resets only to my original profile picture which I've uploaded when I first created my account.

By the way, this screenshot is sample; I know that there isn't any picture in it other than the default bubble man.

How can I remove my avatar and appear as a faceless ghost like all others :-)

Thank you,

~ Ender

EDIT: I already searched the support forums for a possible answer but all related topics are actually about managing forums; showing or hiding avatars of all users, resizing them, etc.
That's why I opened a new topic.

Re: Removing Profile Picture - Personal Account Not Moderator / Owner

GregChapman
The easiest way is probably to make a copy of the image you want and upload that.

The default Nabble avatar is held at:
http://i2.wp.com/n2.nabble.com/images/avatar100.png

Re: Removing Profile Picture - Personal Account Not Moderator / Owner

endernafi
Greg, that was my last resort;
I just wanted to know whether there is a native / built-in method.
What's important is that it's working which is fine enough.

Thank you very much...

Best,

~ Ender

Re: Removing Profile Picture - Personal Account Not Moderator / Owner

GregChapman
I accept that my suggestion is only a work around. I'll defer to Pedro for a definitive answer.

I've never tried to use it but I must admit I was surprised at your report that the "Reset Picture" option for the avatar returns you to the first uploaded image rather than the Nabble Default.

Re: Removing Profile Picture - Personal Account Not Moderator / Owner

Please, give me your forum and user email.

Re: Removing Profile Picture - Personal Account Not Moderator / Owner

endernafi
Pedro hi,

I already uploaded an avatar same as the nabble's default, following Greg's advice.

But since you asked, here are my credentials:
forum-> http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com
username -> enderNafi

All the best,

~ Ender