Remove Google Groups Footer?

subtleGradient+
Ahoy. Every message on our list has the footer:
Is there any way to remove that? Thanks!

Re: Remove Google Groups Footer?

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
It's difficult to do these kind of parsing. The footer may show up in quotes, and also it may change.

If you like Nabble better than GoogleGroups, you can switch to use Nabble as the main interface. Nabble has the mailing list feature. Try Options->Subscribe to this forum - this allows you to receive and reply to all posts in email making the forum a mailing list.

Re: Remove Google Groups Footer?

subtleGradient
> It's difficult to do these kind of parsing. The footer may show up in quotes, and also it may change.

I would be happy to write up a bullet-proof regex to match the google groups footer. And I'd be happy to contribute another one when/if it changes.

As you get more and more Google Groups on here, more and more people will want this, even if they don't specifically request it.

Maybe you could add an advanced feature to filter all messages through a user-defined regex? And allow the owner of the group to add that manually. With all sort of disclaimers obviously.

Sorry, I've been spoiled by so many oss projects that let me add whatever I need :D

Re: Remove Google Groups Footer?

mikenereson
Do you admin the google group? You can remove footers (or change them) from the google group administration.

Group Settings > Email Delivery > Message Footer > "Do not use a footer"

Re: Remove Google Groups Footer?

mikenereson
Our avatars are too similar. Funny.