Remove Email Address masking

Coleen_Astalos
I want to remove the masking of email addresses for my forum.  (My forum is embedded in a password protected site)

I attempted this by removing this  line in the process_message_html macro.   (Most of my members post by using email vs on the website)
<n.process_email/>

However, what I'm seeing is that many times I end up with the start of the email address followed by the @ sign, but everything after the @ sign is missing.

If the email is coded as a Mailto link in the incoming email then it seems to leave the email address intact.  But just normal email addresses in an emailed message end up truncated at the @ sign.

Suggestions?  Perhaps there is a different way I should be going about this?  I don't have access to view the "process_email" macro (get a not found when I search for it) so I can see what it's doing in there.

Thanks,
Coleen