Reinstating linking to mailing list

Gale (Audacity Team)
http://n2.nabble.com/audacity-users-f238277.html

after 6 months of the previously attached mailing list being broken, SourceForge has fixed it. Unfortunately the 1000 or so mailing list subscribers never took to the enforced web only format and rarely posted, but now a test e-mail got through, they are all active again. So although I don't completely trust the stability of the mailing lists, I ought to relink this forum to the mailing list:

I think this is something you need to do?

Thanks

Gale

Re: Reinstating linking to mailing list

Gale (Audacity Team)
Hi

Any suggestions on this so I can relink to an existing mailing list that was removed from the Forum properties?. I know I can create a new forum but I want to keep the existing database.

Thanks

Re: Reinstating linking to mailing list

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We will release the mailing list feature in a day or two. Would you like to try it or use the sourceforge list?

Re: Reinstating linking to mailing list

Gale (Audacity Team)
Hi Will

I think it would be better to relink to

Otherwise, those who haven't registered with Nabble will have to do so . I suspect relatively few have registered and I think doing so could be an obstacle. Just a question of what they are used to.

If the mailing list does go down again long term then at that time I can make a strong case for using Nabble without linking, and your new e-mail feature should make it far more attractive for them to register with you.

Administrator
Done. You just need to click Options->Mailing list Settings to add the nabble archive's email address to your subscribers' list, then the archiving will start again.

Re: Reinstating linking to mailing list

Gale (Audacity Team)
Hi Will

at http://n2.nabble.com/audacity-users-f238277.html

I don't see Mailing List settings under Options (above the threads). I received a subscription confirmation request for the nabble address:

We have received a request from
lists+1218822456175-238277@n2.nabble.com for subscription of your
email address, "lists+1218822456175-238277@n2.nabble.com", to the
you want to be added to this mailing list, simply reply to this
message, keeping the Subject: header intact.  Or visit this web page:

    https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/confirm/audacity-users/480b52963f9be8434e7240b1a522254f265dc93f

so I clicked that. It has not affected the Options menu. Is there anything
else I need to do?

Gale

Re: Reinstating linking to mailing list

Gale (Audacity Team)
Will - When I went back 10 minutes later mailing list settings now appears under options, and archiving has started. So no need to reply

Thanks

Gale