Registration problems

Atheist Exile
I have 2 users who claim they've registered but haven't received confirmation emails.  They also can't reregister.  Why are they having these problems?
 AtheistExile Admin,
AtheistExile@gmail.com
"You my say I'm a dreamer . . ."

Re: Registration problems

Hugo <Nabble>
AtheistExile wrote
I have 2 users who claim they've registered but haven't received confirmation emails.
Please ask them to retrieve their passwords in the "Forgot your password?" page:
http://n2.nabble.com/user/ForgotPassword.jtp
What does the system say?
AtheistExile wrote
They also can't reregister.
Why? What's the error message?

Re: Registration problems

Atheist Exile
It's okay now.  Thanks anyway.
 AtheistExile Admin,
AtheistExile@gmail.com
"You my say I'm a dreamer . . ."

Re: Registration problems

ClaudeMobetta
This post was updated on .
Hello,

Had the same happen - on 7.22.09
I had 2 visitors tell me they couldn't refister either -
No Nabble email came - and not in Spam folder...

So I tried several times and it would not send the email to Confirm ...
I left - closed system - came back few hours later -
And the registeration worked OK.... ?

Thanks - Claude

Re: Registration problems

Atheist Exile
Hi ClaudeMobetta,

Yes, that 's very similar to the problems we were having . . . but the problem has gone away.  It must have been a Nabble glitch.

Thanks for the email.  At least I know I'm not the only one!

ClaudeMobetta (via Nabble) wrote:
Hello,

Had the same happen - on 7.22.09
I had 2 visitors tell me they couldn't refister either -
No Nabble email came - and not in Spam folder...

So I tried several times and it would not send the email to Confirm ...
I left - closed system - came back few hours later -
And the registeration work OK.... ?

Thanks - Claude

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Registration-problems-tp3236065p3314553.html
To unsubscribe from Re: Registration problems, click here.

AtheistExile.vcf (186 bytes) Download Attachment
 AtheistExile Admin,
AtheistExile@gmail.com
"You my say I'm a dreamer . . ."

Re: Registration problems

telenovelamassese
User name 'telenovelamassese' already in use
Please enter correct information and click Register

questo รจ il problema che ho.

se cerco di recuperare la password mi dice questo:

No registered user found for this email.
Please enter a correct email address and click Get Password.

Le due cose contrastano tra loro.

Grazie per l'aiuto

Re: Registration problems

Harvey
I am also having this issue. No confirmation emails received.

Any tips or tricks?

Re: Registration problems

Hugo <Nabble>
Have you checked the spam folder? The confirmation email usually arrives immediately into the inbox.

Re: Registration problems

Harvey
We did check spam. We actually tried 2x. Should we continue to try?

Re: Registration problems

Harvey
It's my wife who can't register.

I tried to register her with a different email address and it wouldn't take the screenname saying it was already in use. Then I went back to the original email address and reregistered. It accepted the orginal screen name but again she didn't get an email. That was the third try on that address.

All three LOOKED like the worked. No  error message. But no email in spam or inbox.

Re: Registration problems

Hugo <Nabble>
It is pity that the email hasn't arrived. Something is filtering or blocking it. Is the email from AOL? (I've heard that AOL has problems in this sense).

Using another email is a good option (if this doesn't affect too much your wife's life). Don't worry about the user name because (1) the previous registration will expire in 7 days and (2) soon registration will be specific to forums (user names won't collide with user names in other forums).

Re: Registration problems

Harvey
She has another email address that's not the issue. She is know by that specific name on the blogger side of our site and would like to keep it consistent.

How long before the user names are unique to the forum? (Estimate - wont hold you to it!).

Re: Registration problems

Hugo <Nabble>
Harvey44 wrote
She has another email address that's not the issue. She is know by that specific name on the blogger side of our site and would like to keep it consistent.
I understand.
Harvey44 wrote
How long before the user names are unique to the forum? (Estimate - wont hold you to it!).
It should be one month (two months, at most).