Really dumbfounded at what I discovered about Nabble forums

Really dumbfounded at what I discovered about Nabble forums

ES Admin
Hi,

I'll be honest, but I'm really mad at what I discovered, which is that when new subscribers to a Nabble powered forum click on the activation link in the confirmation email that they receive, they are presented with the forum ON ITS OWN!!  I.E, not as part-and parcel of the website that they visited.
What sort of impression is this going to give to new visitors of my website?
I thought I was finally ready, and my site has already been online for a few weeks (I only just discovered this glitch), yet I am far from ready because of this.  Lord knows how many visitors registered to use the forum and were detered from returning to my site.  How unprofessional this must have looked to them!

Nabble!  I  want an answer to this...

Re: Really dumbfounded at what I discovered about Nabble forums

Hugo <Nabble>
Please go to your embedded forum and click on "Options > Embedding options". Then select that users should always be redirected to your website. Here is the related help article.

Re: Really dumbfounded at what I discovered about Nabble forums

ES Admin
OK, many thanks for your help...

However, there is still a problem (nothing new there then....).

For the redirect option the URL is http://www.weebly.com/weebly/main.php, but I need this URL:
http://www.entropiastar.com.

Is it Nabble that can change this for me or do I have to ask Weebly?

regards

Re: Really dumbfounded at what I discovered about Nabble forums

Hugo <Nabble>
You have to first open your embedded forum on www.entropiastar.com and then click on that option. So that URL will be available for redirection.

Re: Really dumbfounded at what I discovered about Nabble forums

ES Admin
OK, many thanks once again...  Why didn't I think of that ;)

Re: Really dumbfounded at what I discovered about Nabble forums

Christene LeDoux
I am still confused.

When I try to embed on my website at all, it redirects the user entirely to the forum on it's own. It doesn't show up on my website under forum. Under embed there is only html to embed and nothing more.

Thanks!
Christene

Re: Really dumbfounded at what I discovered about Nabble forums

Hugo <Nabble>
The redirect option is available only when you visit the forum from the embedded page. You won't see this option if you visit the forum without embedding.