Re: "refused to connect" when sent to the link. Reconnect again please ?

Re: "refused to connect" when sent to the link. Reconnect again please ?

augidog
Still nothing 7am pacific time. Is my forum lost?

Re: "refused to connect" when sent to the link. Reconnect again please ?

Hugo <Nabble>
It is not lost. We are waiting for a new machine because the temporary machine doesn't support the load. The new machine should arrive today.

Re: "refused to connect" when sent to the link. Reconnect again please ?

augidog
This post was updated on .
you're killing my little forum, guys...this outage has gone on long enough that it's made us look dead and not worth revisiting. while small, we offer information not available anywhere else in our narrow specialty, and if this continues, we will never regain our status as a leading source.

NO COMMUNICATION or updates from staff has entered the realm of unacceptable.

For the first time ever, I regret my decision to go with Nabble.

Re: "refused to connect" when sent to the link. Reconnect again please ?

Hugo <Nabble>
We are trying to find a machine that can support the current load on the server. The database is very big and the number of uses is huge. Today we will probably have a better machine available, so there is a chance everything will be fine by tomorrow. We apologize for the issue.

Re: "refused to connect" when sent to the link. Reconnect again please ?

augidog
I recall when you first split some of us off to N5, and all went well.

Perhaps it is time for another split?

Re: "refused to connect" when sent to the link. Reconnect again please ?

Hugo <Nabble>
We moved the service to a new machine and it looks better now. The DNS changes are still propagating and you should be able to visit your forum now (or, at most, in a few hours).

Re: "refused to connect" when sent to the link. Reconnect again please ?

augidog
real-time report: performance & pageload is sporadic. you can sometimes get the main page & maybe a couple more, but if you continue to browse, it will stall.

Re: "refused to connect" when sent to the link. Reconnect again please ?

Hugo <Nabble>
We have an eye on that server. It probably needs a few days to catch up.

Re: "refused to connect" when sent to the link. Reconnect again please ?

augidog
Yes, I am seeing results, and I am grateful. I believe that so long as you're happy with the new machine, we're good to go again.

I have a small statcounter script in my application, did this have any effect on the issue, or will it be affected by what happened?

I have to admit I was feeling vulnerable and unprepared, as I'm sure many users were, and now I think I should learn about snagging a backup, and taking more responsibility for myself.

Thank you for getting us through this.

Re: "refused to connect" when sent to the link. Reconnect again please ?

Hugo <Nabble>
The server has improved, but it is not as fast as we would like. So we may have to make more adjustments in the next days. I don't see any relationship between your script and the issue on the server.