Re: forum/blog storage capacity, web storage, access to web search, mail list, message board..

Re: forum/blog storage capacity, web storage, access to web search, mail list, message board..

our combined `effect

Thank you folks for your guidance, I may be repeating but I truly want to not misinform my posters..

Please confirm;

I’ve left all these questions together for they all have to do with capacity,

      I understand if I use Weebly blog I have to use Weebly as host, your blog is not Weebly’s correct or googles correct, confirm please. you have stated a blog has nothing to do with forum. can a blog be embedded on same web page as forum?

      As far as storage capacity for forum /blog, who stores? am I paying Nabble or Gaia, my host, if I go beyond my present limit with Gaia?

      With your forum, blog + newspaper, how long do you put it in your monthly archive before it is erased? What are maximum posts allowed per day? threads per day? impressions, do you support any graphic creator folks can use + post? it appears I can use subforum under topics below forum, am I restricted to how many topics?

      I understand you have a web storage offer/fee, where do I read this? so is that then my choice, once my monthly storage is up, if is?

      As I create my forum/blog/newspaper, does the web search, message board, etc. that you have, have access to my data in the building stages, or does no one see until I embed + publish?

      When folks search the web does all data from every ones blog/forum, become available? Or is each entity kept privately amongst each forum/blog by administrator or members?

we want to use good science reference in application;

         attachments, pdf + documents, should we limit size?

         photos should we keep in flicker as ex; vs storing in forum or blog archive? Where do you recommend storage of photos’s, music, text?

         music downloaded + uploaded do you prefer a process, company?

     I think video takes a lot of storage right, so should I say no to posting video, or ex; is utube storing the video not you, if 1 posts a utube video? or another home video?

     I don’t really want to restrict posters from giving pertinent information. I want our alternative research to exist in our archive. So no matter where in the world we are we can retrieve it, vs. having to hunt down say a poster that has moved on.  so what would you like me to say to my posters for efficiency of storage, staying refreshed, etc? or be expected to pay if go over limit?? So as to respect your process.

     I still don’t understand how you make your funds, is it from our data, do you sell mailing lists, web storage, advertising, please explain?

Thank you, kara

     patches` +  pockets` everywhere are linking,  good folks are building this network by coming together eye to eye sharing their bi`joy experiences of what works.

       come talk..

                        `i come to talk story

Re: forum/blog storage capacity, web storage, access to web search, mail list, message board..

Hugo <Nabble>
our combined effort` wrote
I understand if I use Weebly blog I have to use Weebly as host, your blog is not Weebly’s correct or googles correct, confirm please.
True. Nabble is independent of Weebly and Google.
our combined effort` wrote
you have stated a blog has nothing to do with forum. can a blog be embedded on same web page as forum?
Yes. All Nabble apps can be embedded in a website, including photo galleries, news and blogs.
our combined effort` wrote
As far as storage capacity for forum /blog, who stores? am I paying Nabble or Gaia, my host, if I go beyond my present limit with Gaia?

      With your forum, blog + newspaper, how long do you put it in your monthly archive before it is erased? What are maximum posts allowed per day? threads per day?
We don't have limits for posts or storage.
our combined effort` wrote
impressions, do you support any graphic creator folks can use + post?
No
our combined effort` wrote
it appears I can use subforum under topics below forum, am I restricted to how many topics?
No limits.
our combined effort` wrote
I understand you have a web storage offer/fee, where do I read this? so is that then my choice, once my monthly storage is up, if is?
Nabble is free. We don't have this kind of fee.
our combined effort` wrote
As I create my forum/blog/newspaper, does the web search, message board, etc. that you have, have access to my data in the building stages, or does no one see until I embed + publish?
You can make your forum private (accessible only to specific members) while you prepare it.
our combined effort` wrote
When folks search the web does all data from every ones blog/forum, become available? Or is each entity kept privately amongst each forum/blog by administrator or members?
If your forum is private, then the information isn't available for search engines or non-members.
our combined effort` wrote
[...]

We don't have preferences for other services. You can use Youtube or Flickr if you want, but Nabble is also available for storage. Our size limit for files is 5 Mb and, for images, 1 Mb.
our combined effort` wrote
I still don’t understand how you make your funds, is it from our data, do you sell mailing lists, web storage, advertising, please explain?
Nabble is free. We may eventually put some ads in the website, but we will also allow users to remove them.