Re: Images sent by mail

mywaytoo
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Anne

Re: Images sent by mail

mywaytoo
SO... where has that PDF file come from? Where is it now?
Anne

Re: Images sent by mail

Camo
Your pdf is now hosted on this forum @
http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/file/n6457817/mywaytoo_Dice_Dots_numbers_words_and_dots_1500.pdf

right click and save link address.

Im going to attach a photo file from my pc here

I havent posted this message yet so it looks like this
<nabble_a href="bluey.gif">bluey.gif</nabble_a>

A relative link. but right click it AFTER POSTING and it looks like this...

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/file/n6460565/bluey.gif

(above is where the link in blue below is stored. You need this address link (absolute)

bluey.gif

Unfortunately you cannot control other folks email clients. They may or may not be able to use images.

I think what is happening is that if you attach the images to email, and email to the forum, the images work on the forum because nabble stores and displays them, however, when nabbles script post them to other users on your list, it sends its relative, not absolute address.

Sending its absolute address is akin to hotlinking from its own server, probably why its not done. Nabble assumes, you get an email that you subscribed to, you'll go to the forum to see it.
That rather makes the function pointless imo, bit of an oversight. Script needs a rewrite.
Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles

Re: Images sent by mail

mywaytoo
Thank you Camo... This isn't really suitable for what I need on 2 counts:

1. If I want to give away a range of free pdfs, then I will likely have to shuffle members up through various groups to ensure that they get the next freebie... Ugh!

2. I won't have any control over the pdf files as to whether or not search engines have access to them... no point me giving them away free if they are on Google anyway... Ugh!

I think I'll email my contacts about the Forum, and work things out from that side, and just add any new people as and when they pop in... I want to make sure that the Forum is OK first...
Anne