Rapid Growth and Private Forums through user Invitations.

Rapid Growth and Private Forums through user Invitations.

Chang
Hello there, my name is Zhang.

I have a forum of which I would like to increase awareness of by allowing newly registered users to add a minimum of 10 new users from their email contacts and friends. I would also like the ability to see which users have had the most successful requests. Tracking new registered users to the forum with their invites.

I saw something similar to this on another forum hosting website, and it was described as the following…

__________________________________

"Gmail-Like Invite System Addon - Closed Registration
 ADM
August 2006 in Questions
This extension has now been released. View the release thread.

I posted this in another invite thread but I figured I might as well make an official addon request thread.

I want something similar to Gmail where they can't register unless they were invited.. I'd pay for a addon like this. Whisper me if you can and how much you'd want for this.

The details are as follow..

- Unable to register unless invited by someone else on the forums
- Each member gets X amount of invites (defined in settings). If they want more they can apply for more (it can auto-create a whispered thread to the forum admin with their plead listed).
- The person who was invited has their inviter listed on their account (eg. Invited by Name).

That's it :)"

And on another…

I saw this on a wordpress plug-in…

________________________________

"Description
This is a widget written for the WP-Invites plugin by Jehy. It simply adds a widget for your registered and logged in users to invite friends by their's e-mail-address. This widget requires an installation of WP-Invites.
The widget is very simple. The only thing the users will have to do is to write one or more email addresses in the a textfield. The plugin will do the rest. This is how it is done:
7. The user adds one or more email addresses in the textfield.
8. The form is sent through an ajax request to the server.
9. The plugin loads the WP-Invites plugin and makes one invitation code.
10. The invitation code, the inviter’s username and email address are added into the invitation email.
11. A message is sent back to the widget informing the user that the email has successfully been sent.
12. The invited gets an email with the invitation code and an URL to the signup page (or the register page in BuddyPress), and will now be able to create an account.
You can configure the widget with your own title, description, invitation email and a message after the invitation process is done. You’ll also be able to have several different copys of this widget with their own configs."

Is there anyway I can install a feature of this, or a widget if you like in my forum?

Respectfully,

Zhang

Re: Rapid Growth and Private Forums through user Invitations.

Pedro
Interesting. We will think about it.
My test forum.