Rank system

jonaspm {Helper}
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Rank system

GregChapman
jonaspm {Helper} wrote
Are you planning to add some type of ranks?

i really would like some customizable ones :D!

thanks for all your hard work Nabble team :)
What you mean by "ranks"?
We have customisable "user groups" and it is possible to see/hide which group a user is in through the "People" menu and through permissions.
Do you just want a way of making someone's user group more visible at the point when they post, in the way that administrators already have (providing you have large avatars enabled)?

RE: Rank system

jonaspm {Helper}
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

RE: Rank system

Hugo <Nabble>
This is possible with NAML. A very simple change is:

(1) Open the NAML code of your app (click on the "See how NAML generates this page" link on the footer)
(2) Find the post_count_js macro (click on the options dropdown and then "Search macros")
(3) Enter the code below and edit it as you want:
<override_macro name="post_count_js">
	<n.param_loop. param="postCount">
		<n.if.not.page_user.is_deactivated>
			<then>
				var $div = $('div.post-count<n.page_user.user_tag_id/>');
				$div.html('<n.one_or_many n="[n.page_user.post_count_value/]" one_text="[t]post[/t]" many_text="[t]posts[/t]"/>');

				$div.append("<br/>");
				var postCount = <n.page_user.post_count_value/>;
				if (postCount > 300)
					$div.append("Elite Member");
				else if (postCount > 200)
					$div.append("Guru");
				else if (postCount > 100)
					$div.append("Master");
				else if (postCount > 50)
					$div.append("Helper");
				else
					$div.append("Newbie");
			</then>
		</n.if.not.page_user.is_deactivated>
	</n.param_loop.>
</override_macro>

RE: Rank system

jonaspm {Helper}
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

RE: Rank system

Hugo <Nabble>
Where exactly do you want to show that label? You may post a screenshot with sign.

RE: Rank system

jonaspm {Helper}
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

RE: Rank system

GregChapman
You originally asked for a facility that provided a text description for users on the basis of their volume of posts. Hugo's code would do that. You just need to alter the rank labels to suit your forum and you could easily add further code there to associate a particular graphic with a particular rank.

Now your request has changed. Placing the entry field on the screen you show would allow a user to create their own description of themselves, which, therefore, would not be associated with the volume of posts. In addition, you want a graphic to be added, but as the user enters their own description, you would have no control over what graphic is displayed with what text.

If what you are asking for is an additional screen for admin to fix the names of ranks and the associated graphic to be used throughout your forum, then, more logically, it would need to be added to the MANAGE USERS AND GROUPS screen and would have three columns:

NUMBER | GRAPHIC | TITLE

where you, as admin, can enter the trigger point for attaining a rank, the graphic and name of the rank. Producing a fancy screen to do this job takes a whole lot more coding than simply getting the job done - which Hugo's code alone would do.

Rather than getting your request implemented, I'd vote for giving the Nabble Team more time to write up the NAML documentation, then it would be much easier to pull in more volunteer coders to come up with the kind of extras that you want.

EDIT: And have you answered Hugo's question? I can't get my News Application to display large avatars in the way you show.

RE: Rank system

jonaspm {Helper}
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

RE: Rank system

Dieds
Thank you so much!!! This is exactly what I was looking for! I created a rank system for my forums page in a few minutes thanks to this fantastic code snippet. Many people have been asking for this and I know the answers suggested this option but it wasn't explained clearly -- plus no code was offered. You rock!!!