RFE: simple strikethrough, without converting to HTML

RFE: simple strikethrough, without converting to HTML

Graham Perrin
Request for enhancement to Nabble

Is it feasible to add, to the Nabble graphical mark up toolbar:

• strikethrough

Probably under More options.

Use case

• I very often wish to strike through something in a past post

• the intention is to clearly strike through something that is wrong (neither delete nor hide the mistake)

• if an underlying list is involved, I most often draw the attention of the list to my mistake/strikethrough

• an underlying list is nearly always involved, so more than 99% of the time (respecting readers who prefer plain text) I refrain from HTML composition in Nabble.

Key point

Conversion from non-HTML to HTML, for strikethrough alone, is tedious.

Consideration

There are conventions such as _this_ and *that* and +the other+ but I don't know whether there is an non-HTML convention for
---strikethrough---