RED FLAGS

ClaudeMobetta
Took me a bit to figure the flags out - so thought I'd pass it on....

Red Flags:
The flag AFTER the Options is for another Forum

When reading a Topic - you will see a gray flag
If you want to come back to this message in the future
Click on it until it says red -

Now when you want to take another look at a referenced topic(s)
Click the Red Flag BY YOUR NAME - if you are Registered and logged in-

Then you will see a Topic Subject(s)
Just a fast reference.

Applying a flag, reviewing flagged items: FAQ! Need a distinctive approach/icon.

Graham Perrin
The single flag icon, with multiple placements and mixed meanings, leads to frequently asked questions.

@ Nabble: for reviewing flagged items (not to be confused with applying or removing a flag) I think we need a different approach/icon.

Suggestions

1. Simply change the icon for reviewing flagged icons. Maybe use, as the icon:

 • background (underlay): pale blue flag
 • foreground (overlay): grey spectacles, or magnifying glass.

or

2. In lieu of the user's name (as a link) to the left of the red flag, have the user's name alone — as a menu. Menu items to include:

 • assignments
 • flagged items
 • subscriptions
 • preferences
 • log out

Regards
Graham

Postscript

Need to consider accessibility when designing menus.