Silvana
Hello. When I reply to a post, can I do the quote of a piece of text and not of all the post? Thank you very much..
I'm Italian. Excuse me if I'll make mistakes writing my posts. Ciao
This is my site: "La chiave nel pozzo"..
..and this is my forum: "La chiave nel pozzo - il forum"

Re: Quote

GregChapman
Hi Silvana,
Silvana wrote
Hello.
And hello to you!
When I reply to a post, can I do the quote of a piece of text and not of all the post?
Yes!
First click the quote button to place the entire message to which you reply in the edit box. You'll note this is wrapped in "quote tags". Then just delete whatever portion of the message that is irrelevant.

There is nothing to stop you adding further quote tags so you can reply to each part separately, as I have done here.

If you hit reply on this message and then the quote button you'll see how it works.

Note that by adding author="anyname" to an opening quote tag Nabble will assign the quote to anyone you like. e.g.
Greg wrote
Sometimes I get things wrong - but not this time!
Silvana wrote
Thank you very much..
No trouble!

Re: Quote

Silvana
GregChapman wrote
Note that by adding author="anyname" to an opening quote tag Nabble will assign the quote to anyone you like.
Thanks Greg, but I do not understand this step, can you explain better, please?
I'm Italian. Excuse me if I'll make mistakes writing my posts. Ciao
This is my site: "La chiave nel pozzo"..
..and this is my forum: "La chiave nel pozzo - il forum"

Re: Quote

GregChapman
Silvana wrote
GregChapman wrote
Note that by adding author="anyname" to an opening quote tag Nabble will assign the quote to anyone you like.
Thanks Greg, but I do not understand this step, can you explain better, please?
Apologies! I should have made it clearer...   Where I typed "anyname" that was meant to act as a place-holder for the actual text you want to appear.

If you click the "Reply" link on this message and then use the "Quote" button on the reply screen, you'll see how there are a number of opening "quote" tags with "Silvana" and "GregChapman" included as authors. These were generated automatically by the Nabble software.

However, there is nothing to stop you adding your own text to show as the author of a quote. In my previous message I had a number of plain "quote" tags, but one of them added author="Greg" as an example of what you can replace "anyname" with.

Hope that explains better!

Re: Quote

GregChapman
I should have added...

In my first reply the last two quotes with authors were typed by me, the "Greg" and the "Silvana".

I added the "Greg" as the example of how you can use any name as an author and then thought I ought to add your username to the following quote to make sure any reader understood that the author had changed again.

Re: Quote

Silvana
Ok Greg, I understand now. Thank you for your perfect explanation. Ciao