Quick Reply Box

Zandranna
Hi, I only discovered Nabble yesterday so am still finding my way around.

Do we have such a thing as a quick reply box that one can enable to go at the bottom of the posts.  Or is it a matter of clicking on the reply link to leave a comment?

Thank you for any help.

Re: Quick Reply Box

GregChapman
Unfortunately, there is no "Quick Reply" box with Nabble applications. You do need to move to the standard message posting screen. How you get there depends on the application you are using. For example, on a blog there will be an "Add a new comment" button.

Re: Quick Reply Box

Zandranna
Thank you very much for your quick response.

Re: Quick Reply Box

Jaime - The Unfair Fight
Zandranna wrote
Hi, I only discovered Nabble yesterday so am still finding my way around.

Do we have such a thing as a quick reply box that one can enable to go at the bottom of the posts.  Or is it a matter of clicking on the reply link to leave a comment?

Thank you for any help.
This is the same question I came here to figure out. We do need a quick reply button.
I will tell you that you are able to quote someone manually. You copy and paste their comment into your comment and then wrap this code around it. It will look like the following.

I hope that helps or I have just wasted 15 minutes LOL

Re: Quick Reply Box

Zandranna
Thank you for your response.  It's much appreciated.

Re: Quick Reply Box

GregChapman
And, of course, if you are cutting the original quote into lots of blocks and inserting point by point answers and don't need the original poster's name all the time then an opening quote:
<quote>
 will do the job. It would look like this:
Zandranna wrote
Thank you for your response.
Here's my first answer
It's much appreciated.
Here's my second answer with the short form of opening quote tag

It's still not a "Quick Reply" box though!

Re: Quick Reply Box

GregChapman
Worth looking at this topic too...

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Quick-reply-box-td7353878.html

Re: Quick Reply Box

GodlyPerfection
We have actually created our own Quick Reply box using NAML (courtesy of our tech admin DavidJCobb). In addition we built a Quick Edit box using the same system and the quote option goes straight to the quick reply box first and any time you hit quote on a post it just tacks on the quote to the end of the quick reply box. You can see and try out how it works in our Spam Perfection forum (made for miscellaneous things and for people to chill and do whatever they want). Anyone can create topics and reply to topics without registering so feel free to create a topic and then try replying to it and/or quoting it or editing it.

http://forum.reachingperfection.com/Spam-Perfection-f1846623.html

ReachingPerfection.com is home to many like-minded video game designers who all started on Halo: Reach's forge editor.