[Question] Link and Title color change

NiTEMARE
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
The trick to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources - Albert Einstein.

Re: [Question] Link and Title color change

GregChapman
Taking a look at: http://community.exce.se/  I see the code for the "OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS" line includes:
It should be easy enough to add CSS  code that to make only links of class "category-link" white.

Probably:

a.category-link {
color: white;
}

should do it if entered into the CSS dialogue under:
Options > Application > Change appearance > CSS

Re: [Question] Link and Title color change

NiTEMARE
Hi there Greg,

It didn't worked by adding the CSS. I guess there is needed some more in-depth code in the NAML to make this change, since it is linked to the "Change appearance" function. And what ever color you put there, will change every link on the website.

And by going to the "board_table_stylesheet" macro and then add "font-color: #FFF;" under "a.category-link" didn't work either.
If you have anything else, feel free to share this, as I still trying to make this change. I have tried multiple codes already in the CSS editor without any further success. I am very hype and good at HTML but normal CSS and HTML doesn't work the same way here as normal.

- Kind regards,
  Nitemare.
The trick to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources - Albert Einstein.

Re: [Question] Link and Title color change

GregChapman
Nitemare wrote
It didn't worked by adding the CSS.
I've investigated a little and it seems I made a wrong guess. It turns out that the existing colour is determined by a rule:

.nabble a.second-font {
color: xxxx;
}

There is styling for a.category-link but it doesn't include colour and is in a different CSS file. I've haven't bothered to find out why the one file file takes precedence over the other as, at least, I think that should be the solution for you.
I guess there is needed some more in-depth code in the NAML to make this change, since it is linked to the "Change appearance" function. And what ever color you put there, will change every link on the website.
There's two points there...

I assume that the CSS files might be controllable within the user accessible NAML code (I'm not an expert in NAML) but, in my experience, the user has all the control he needs through the CSS dialogue, as that writes code to a CSS file that is more locally based and hence takes priority if it is in conflict with the default CSS files.

However, what you can control through CSS does always depend on there being enough distinct HTML tags, classes and IDs on the page. Some of the things that users want to control cannot be done simply be placing code in the CSS dialogue as there is not enough distinct HTML code on which to hang the CSS to make it happen. In that case you do need to edit the NAML to provide additional HTML "hooks" on which to hang the desired styling. In my view that's the only time you'd need to turn to NAML.
And by going to the "board_table_stylesheet" macro and then add "font-color: #FFF;" under "a.category-link" didn't work either.
"font-color" wouldn't work (Your confusing HTML attributes) as it's not valid CSS code. "color" should work (if it's in the right file and aimed at the right tag/class/id)!

Re: [Question] Link and Title color change

NiTEMARE
Hi again Greg,

Alright. Thanks for your kind and fast assistance. Me and the team will look further into this and try to add this.
If anything, I will get back to you here.

- Nitemare
The trick to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources - Albert Einstein.

Re: [Question] Link and Title color change

jsmoraes
This post was updated on .
In my forum (http://astronomia-e-astrofotos.1069742.n5.nabble.com)  I change the face font of two topics with override in macro TOPPICS_COLUMN.

The text of topics are: Classificados and  Seção de Albuns

I reckon you can change the color of font there, too. With span attributes.

Original code:

.
.
.
<n.if.is_app>
     <then>
         <b><n.node_link/></b>
.
.
.

modified code:

.
.
.

<n.if.is_app>
	<then>

	    <n.set_var. name="txt_nodelink"><b><n.node_link/></b></n.set_var.>
            <n.if.contains_substring string="[n.node_link/]" substring="Classificados">
               <then>
                  <n.set_var. name="txt_nodelink"><span style="font-size:1.3em;font-family: 'Faster One'"><n.node_link/></span></n.set_var.>
               </then>
            </n.if.contains_substring>
            <n.if.contains_substring string="[n.node_link/]" substring="Seção de Albuns">
               <then>
                 <n.set_var. name="txt_nodelink"><span style="letter-spacing:0.2em;font-size:1.1em;font-family: 'Fugaz One"><n.node_link/></span></n.set_var.>
               </then>
            </n.if.contains_substring>
            <n.var name='txt_nodelink'/>

            <!--<b><n.node_link/></b> -->

.
.
.

What I do is to format the text of topic and make the page show this formatted text with the code line
<n.var name='txt_nodelink'/>
 in spite of the original text from macro node_link called in instruction
 <b><n.node_link/></b>

I didn't try, but perhaps the change of color might be with the code line bellow:
I change the font-face, not font color. And my forum application style is forum, not mixed.

But the idea should be the same, in spite of work with node_link, perhaps you must work with span class="weak-color"
Observatório de Astronomia de Vilatur - W. Herschel
Saquarema - RJ - Brasil
http://www.astronomia.pousadavilatur.com.br

Re: [Question] Link and Title color change

NiTEMARE
Hi again,

We have tried this and we did a workaround but that didn't work either.

We also looking to add a mouse-hover color. When you hover over a link, the colour will change.  In normal CSS that will be;  "a:hover {color: #00ACFB; text-decoration: underline;}".

But this won't work since it is stopped by the "Change appearance" option. This affects all links so to make them separate, you need another code.

- Nitemare
The trick to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources - Albert Einstein.

Re: [Question] Link and Title color change

NiTEMARE
Hi again,

Is there any in the Nabble Team that knows anything about this?

The trick to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources - Albert Einstein.

Re: [Question] Link and Title color change

NiTEMARE
Hi again,

I still haven't found a way to add this specific colour change. Is there anyone who knows anything about this?
Thanks!
The trick to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources - Albert Einstein.