Profile Email System

GodlyPerfection
So I'm learning to live without a PM system and maybe in the future we will figure out how to get one implemented easily enough with little complication. And the email system works just fine except for one problem that I noticed recently from our wave of 50+ members in the past week. When they first try to email me through my profile I get an email with their content, however I get the email from the noreply@Nabble email address. I understand that this is for security sake, however it has been quite difficult to figure out who emailed me. So if this is working as intended I would love to have a person's forum Username and a link to their profile attached to emails so people can figure out who is emailing them and go straight back to their profile to reply, without completely revealing their email.

However part of me things this might not actually working as intended because after the first email, the next ones come addressed by their own email rather than the noreply@Nabble and I can reply just fine. Maybe Cobb did something to the email system by accident. Who knows... lol. Any clearing up on whether this is intended behavior or whether or not it is possible to get what I wrote about above implemented would be awesome. ;)

As a side note I do want to take the time to thank all of the guys working on the nabble team... you guys have been very helpful in helping us out when we needed. Especially with the work that Cobb has been doing with NAML. I appreciate what you guys do and I'm sure that everyone from our community appreciates it as well. Thanks again and keep up the great work.

ReachingPerfection.com is home to many like-minded video game designers who all started on Halo: Reach's forge editor.

Re: Profile Email System

GregChapman
GodlyPerfection wrote
the email system works just fine except for one problem that I noticed recently from our wave of 50+ members in the past week. When they first try to email me through my profile I get an email with their content, however I get the email from the noreply@Nabble email address.
Maybe Cobb did something to the email system by accident.
I fear your guess about an unwanted side effect of your changes may be true. I have just done a post to me as Admin from a me as Registered user on my my Test forum and the first message comes through fine. Are your messages coming from registered or unregistered users?

Re: Profile Email System

GodlyPerfection
GregChapman wrote
GodlyPerfection wrote
the email system works just fine except for one problem that I noticed recently from our wave of 50+ members in the past week. When they first try to email me through my profile I get an email with their content, however I get the email from the noreply@Nabble email address.
Maybe Cobb did something to the email system by accident.
I fear your guess about an unwanted side effect of your changes may be true. I have just done a post to me as Admin from a me as Registered user on my my Test forum and the first message comes through fine. Are your messages coming from registered or unregistered users?
That's kind of what I was thinking mainly, just wanted to make sure. Regardless it would still be nice to have the profile name and link attached in the email somewhere... similar to subscribed thread emails.

ReachingPerfection.com is home to many like-minded video game designers who all started on Halo: Reach's forge editor.

Re: Profile Email System

DavidJCobb
It's a problem with our NAML. Here's the approximate sequence of events:
  • Nabble is created.
  • An "email this user" link is added to profiles.
  • NAML is created.
  • I see the "reply to author" links, but don't notice the "email this user" links.
  • I create my own "email this user" link, not knowing that it a) is redundant, and b) uses Nabble itself as the sender.
  • So now, all profiles on RP have two email links, and one of them is broken. Fixed in RP 3.2 which isn't released yet.