Problem with users groups....

Silvana
This post was updated on .
Ciao. I hope to explain well. Following your advice, I created a new group of authorized users in which I put all my confirmed users. Now, in the drop-down menu under "People", appear only authorized groups and not all users. This is fine, however ..... tomorrow, a friend of mine, registered at my forum to do a test. For some reason, I have not received the notice by email of her registration. I could not in any way access to her profile page to move her in  my "authorized users" group, because by "manage users & groups", we can not do it. If something like this happens, there is no solution. We can not access the profile to move the new user in the group and the new user will not post. How can we do?
I'm Italian. Excuse me if I'll make mistakes writing my posts. Ciao
This is my site: "La chiave nel pozzo"..
..and this is my forum: "La chiave nel pozzo - il forum"

Re: Another problem with users groups, after upgrade.... (for Pedro)

GregChapman
I do not know what special changes may have been made to the NAML code on your forum, but if no changes have been made the following should be true.

1. The groups that appear under the "People" menu are controlled via the "Change Permissions" permissions screen, accessed from:

Options > Users > Change permissions.

Set the "Show_group_members" permission for each group you want to display on the "People" list for that forum or sub-forum.

2. Concerning the missing mail: Check that the Option:

Options > Application > Extras & add-ons > Email & Notifications > Notify me when someone registers

is still checked.

3. Make sure you are logged-in with your Administrator Username to see the menu item:

Options > Users > Manage Users and Groups

That is where you can add or remove users from the "Members" group.

Re: Another problem with users groups, after upgrade.... (for Pedro)

Silvana
OK Greg, you're right. I made a mistake in the settings. When I removed the permissions to registered users, I also removed the tick on "Show_group_members" for that group. But the rest is all in place and I have not changed anything in Naml, I just translated some texts in Italian. I do not know why alerts did not come this morning. Today it worked  well.
Thanks, I'm still a clumsy ....