Problem posting to user@grails.codehaus.org

graham-4
I have been having an problem when trying to post to the user@grails... list.

I used to be a member of the list and posted without problems and then some weeks ago it was migrated to nabble2. I noticed a couple of days ago when I tried to post to the new version that I had to re-register, so I did using the same email address (although I didn't use the identical id - graham whereas previously it was graham-2). I originally registered with the mailing list with codehaus in aug. 09 and had no problems prior to the migration and my re-registration.

I went through the registration and clicked on the link in the email.

Now when I have tried to post two messages to the list I notice that (1) they do appear in the list but (2) when I'm logged in the messages have a header saying "this post is pending" and (3) I have emails in the appropriate mailbox: two failures and three pendings - I think it is one failure for each posting and two pendings for one and one pending for the other posting.

Any suggestions ?

graham

Re: Problem posting to user@grails.codehaus.org

Hugo <Nabble>
Please try to subscribe to the mailing list from this page: http://grails.org/Mailing+lists
(Please use the same email you have registered with Nabble. The user name (id) doesn't affect anything when post to the mailing list).

Nabble won't resend your pending posts to the mailing list. So you should post them again if you want them to get through the list. You may send emails directly to the list instead of using Nabble just to make sure you can post with your email address.

Re: Problem posting to user@grails.codehaus.org

graham-4
Apologies, it looks like it was my fault - well, actually Codehaus's list manager's fault...

Hopefully that's solved the problem

thanks

graham

Re: Problem posting to user@grails.codehaus.org

graham-4
I still seem to be having problems here...

I did re-subscribe to the mailing list as I mentioned and Codehaus Xircles shows my email address is subscribed and the confirmation email came to my email address. However now trying a completely new post to the user@grails... mailing list I got the same as before: first a "failure" notice and a few hours later the "message is still pending" emails. Again the nabble forum shows the posting but with the header that "this is still pending".

Any suggestions ?

graham

Re: Problem posting to user@grails.codehaus.org

Hugo <Nabble>
Have you tried posting by email instead of using the Nabble interface? If you can't post via email, then the problem is not in Nabble. Please try that and let me know if your email gets through the list.

Re: Problem posting to user@grails.codehaus.org

graham-4
I'm sure that it is/was to do with the mailing list...so I gave up and started again. I had noticed that despite, apparently, re-subscribing to the mailing list I wasn't getting any of the actual messages so the list really hadn't subscribed me properly, I can only suppose...

I've abandoned the original email address and set up a new one and amended my nabble account to reflect the new email address - it does seem to work now.

graham