Problem linking mailing list to embedded sub forums.

Problem linking mailing list to embedded sub forums.

twayne
Hi,

I followed the instructions for adding our mailing list to nabble. The forums created during this process, however, are separate from the forums embedded on our site, i.e. the 'dev' and 'usr' forums found here:

http://treleis.org/forums.html

How can I access the correct nabble email addresses specific to the two sub-forums embedded on our site to add as a subscriber to each list?

twayne
http://treleis.org

Re: Problem linking mailing list to embedded sub forums.

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

You need to create a mailing list archive if you want an archive/forum for your mailing list. So, instead of creating a forum, you go to Archive Mailing List to start an archive for each of your mailing list.

Then you create a forum, and set each of your mailing list archive's parent to that forum. Then you embed the parent forum into your site. You should also set the parent forum to disallow posting so that user are forced to go to a child forum to post to mailing list.

Does this make sense?

Re: Problem linking mailing list to embedded sub forums.

twayne
yes. i will give that a shot. thanks will.