Private sub-forum to a public forum: not receiving subscription posts

Private sub-forum to a public forum: not receiving subscription posts

Nalicter
The subject says it all—it's long enough. I have a public forum with some sub-forums. One of the sub-forums is private. I'm subscribed to the parent of them all.

I just noticed that I don't get emailed posts from the private forum for some reason.

I could probably work around this by unsubscribing from the head forum, and just subscribe to all the children separately, including the private one. Is this easily fixed?

I don't know if this has any significance on the issue, but all of its parent forums are read-only.
Here's the URL for the private forum:
http://n2.nabble.com/Private-Fantasy-Critique-f1087959.html

I didn't get the reply from Aquarious there.

Re: Private sub-forum to a public forum: not receiving subscription posts

tomi
This will be fixed in the next release.

But be aware that if you have set email alerts for the parent forum, the results from those alerts will not include posts in private sub-forums, this is because search doesn't include private forum posts unless you do the search in the private forum itself.

Re: Private sub-forum to a public forum: not receiving subscription posts

Nalicter
What about email subscription (not alerts)? Is it the same?

It won't let me subscribe to the private child separately, if I'm subscribed to the parent. Is this going to be fixed so that I can receive them through subscription without having to subscribe to every child forum individually?

If there were a way to check whether someone were authorized in the search …

Re: Private sub-forum to a public forum: not receiving subscription posts

Nalicter
Cordilow wrote
It won't let me subscribe to the private child separately, if I'm subscribed to the parent.
I've found that you can work around this by subscribing to the child first and then subscribing to the parent. I don't know if it works in practice yet, but we'll see if I get the private forum posts.

Nope—that doesn't seem to work. I thought it worked for one post, but it didn't work for the others after it.

This is fixed, subscriptions should also include posts from private subforums now.

Re: Private sub-forum to a public forum: not receiving subscription posts

Nalicter
Cool.

Thanks for that.

tomi wrote
This is fixed, subscriptions should also include posts from private subforums now.
Only for authorized users, right?