Private forums

Nalicter
Are private forums really going to be an option? I noticed a page that talked about them as if they already were. However, I tried creating a forum for the purpose, and I didn't find such an option. I only saw ways to restrict anonymous users.

Private forums would only be visible for invited individuals. Well the forum name might be visible by all, but not the posts.

Re: Private forums

Hugo <Nabble>
Yes, this will be an option soon. The page that you saw is http://n2.nabble.com/nabble2.html.
We are finishing the development work and tests. The forum owner (or co-owners) will be able to choose which users are allowed to visit and post messages. This is a good solution for companies (that don't want to share their discussions and internal secrets) or communities that want some privacy.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Private forums

Nalicter
Ah—thanks for the note on that. I eagerly anticipate it. :)

Hugo <Nabble> wrote
This is a good solution for companies (that don't want to share their discussions and internal secrets) or communities that want some privacy.
Nice idea. I never thought about using it for that.

Ah, and good job on a lot of the things I've seen implemented, lately. I really like the counters on posts, and the way quotations work. Quite useful features, I think.

Re: Private forums

Dave McLoughlin
Any update on the availability of this features?  http://n2.nabble.com/nabble2.html still says it's coming.

Re: Private forums

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Dave,

Private forums are ready (the Nabble2.html page will be updated in the next release). Two levels of privacy are available: (1) the forum is public, but only authorized users can post and (2) the forum is fully private and only authorized users can visit and post.

Please go to your forum and click on "Options > Users > Who can view & post?"

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Private forums — thanks!

Graham Perrin
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Private forums are ready…
Excellent! Thanks!

Re: Private forums

pjcnlv
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Hi Dave,

Private forums are ready
Awesome!  I am happy so far with my test to use Nabble as a private read only archive for my mail list.

I must ask how you can provide such a service for free without any opportunity for revenue via ads, etc.?

Re: Private forums

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Thanks. We have some non-intrusive ads on n1 at the bottom of the page, n2 will eventually have similiar ads as well, right now we are slightly profitable, so we want to keep n2 free of ads.

Re: Private forums

Kreepy
on my private forums im trying to add more authorized users - only prob is that i add them they are on the list then when i refresh or relog they are off the list how can i make it so they are allways on the list?

Re: Private forums

Hugo <Nabble>
Please click on "Save Changes" when you are done with the list.
Soon we will work on a solution to prevent this problem.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Private forums

build
G'day Hugo,
In a single private forum the "forum description" may be redundant and using up valuable real estate, could we have the option to not display it?

tia
build

Re: Private forums

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi build,

The forum description is optional. You can leave it blank if you want.
Does that solve your problem?

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Private forums

Kreepy
thanx for the quick response i really didnt expect it this soon but yea that fixed the problem. the reason i didnt see it before is i have the forums in an iframe on my site and as it added people to the list it woudl drop the save changes button below visability but not enough for the slide bar to register. so my slide bar was saying i was at the end of the page but i wasnt quite there. Im pretty sure you have a master Password and can find and get into my forums so  got np if you woudl like ot check out the issue for yourself - the address is www.geocities.com/dragon.guards/forums2 the council sub-forum is the only part that is private, hence thats where the issue is at. once again thank you so much for the quick response and im sure you hear this all the time but i love your forums took a bit getting used to and still run into a few bugs but verry nicely done.

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/Private-forums-tp2358p1673851.html