Privacy != Nabble

Not happy at all
I'm back here...

I've registered to delete this thing concerning my private phone number :
http://www.nabble.com/Localization-p21983154.html

I registered with the same e-mail address and the same name.
Then, I've clicked on "Remove My Account" (with all my posts from Naable).
But the only thing this thing deleted was the 4 messages I was writing with Graham Perrin... who was trying to help me with this very annoying problem.

If a MODERATOR see this, please, just remove MY POST: http://www.nabble.com/Localization-p21983154.html

Thanks !

Re: Privacy problem on nabble

Graham Perrin
<http://n2.nabble.com/-tp1485987p1485987.html> shows sensitivity to situations such as this.

AFAIR in the past it was possible to for an author to delete, from Nabble, only messages that the author had posted through Nabble (sometimes to a list).

More recently, it's possible to delete messages that have been posted to Nabble from a list server.

(A very smart improvement, thanks Nabble!)

Please see Nabble Help: How do I delete my posts? (highlights).

deleting one's own post

Graham Perrin
No user of Nabble can delete the post of another user, and that rule/respect applies equally to owners of fora; they can not delete a fellow person's message.

(Forum owners have other approaches to managing content, but that's off-topic from your request.)

Whilst you await attention from someone at Nabble: I should encourage you to register and delete your own post.

Kind regards
Graham

Re: Privacy != Nabble

Not happy at all

Then, please just do the same on Nabble...

Thanks.

publicity

Graham Perrin
Not happy at all wrote
… the only thing this thing deleted was the 4 messages I was writing with Graham Perrin...
No worries, my two messages were simply orphaned when you deleted your messages from that topic. I have moved my earlier messages to your new topic.

I guess that someone from Nabble may attend in due course. Please note the earlier example of sensitivity to situations such as this.

> Privacy != Nabble

My suggestion to register was simply for you to delete your own post, immediately, if you are concerned about waiting for a response from a service administrator. No need to shout.

Kind regards
Graham

Re: Privacy != Nabble

I've removed that post. It didn't get removed when you removed your account because it was in the old system (old Nabble1 at www.nabble.com).