Premium Site Question

Flick
I noticed on my site that when I click "Remove Ads" it says I can have a Premium Site for $5 per month.  No advertising and no worrying about credits sounds like a excellent offer as long as the "Powered by Nabble" link is also removed from the footer. That would be a deal breaker for me. Someone who is paying to use a service shouldn't have to provide free adverting for the service he's paying for. I understand the value of an attribution for free users but not for paid users. Please confirm this for me.

Re: Premium Site Question

GregChapman
Under the old regime you also need to pay for "Premium Support" to be allowed to remove that link. Try a post in the "Premium Support" forum to find out the current charges.

Perhaps Hugo will clarify here.

Re: Premium Site Question

Flick
I don't have Premium Support so how can I post that question in there?

Re: Premium Site Question

GregChapman
I explained myself badly. I meant attempt a post in the Premium Support area. If you do not have an account there it will tell you the charges.

I was assuming the same conditions that used to apply about removal of the Powered by Nabble link still do. Without premium support you should still get an official response here but it will be slowe and does depend on the volume of work generated from Premium Support requests.

Re: Premium Site Question

Marc Martin
Is it the same cost per month, no matter how big or small or active or inactive your forum is?

For me at least, $4 per month per forum is more expensive than it was.

And isn't $40 per month for premium support also more expensive than it was?

Re: Premium Site Question

Flick
It won't let me post in Premium Support forum without an account. This is really a round-about way of getting a question answered. So we are going on 5 days now to get a basic question answered and I'm still no closer then I was on day one. I don't get it. I really don't get it. You guys working at Nabble must be rich. You obviously don't need money by the way you treat your customers. No one knows anything. How much does it cost to use the service. What's included. Can I get this removed. These are all basic questions that could be answered in minutes then posted in an area where all users can access it. Why all the mystery? Everything here is why, why, why.

Re: Premium Site Question

GregChapman
Marc Martin is right, Nabble's AD-free and Support fees have increased by quite a bit for most users.

Hudson, I think you can assume that the original rules apply, and the "Powered by Nabble" link can only removed by Premium Support customers. However, I agree with you that Nabble really do need to pay more attention to documentation.

This topic is relevant:
http://support.nabble.com/Paid-support-td7593217.html

Re: Premium Site Question

Marc Martin
Ahhh,  I saw the message on that other thread about Nabble's drop in income... although if you raise your prices too much, then people will just not pay, either by deciding to put up with the ads, or using an alternate provider.  Although a multi-month discount would be nice... :-)

Re: Premium Site Question

Flick
I don't think $5 per month is unreasonable. I would pay it. However, I would like to know does that include unlimited use? Or are there upper limits to how many views you get. Also, for $5 we should have the Powered by Nabble removed since we are now a paying customer. The attribution should be for non-paying customers only. I pay Netflix $7 per month and get a whole lot of entertainment for that amount of money and no Netflix attribution on my TV screen.