Posting to a specific thread from a user account with curl?

Posting to a specific thread from a user account with curl?

Bitcoin
Say there is a thread where you want to post updates to, rather than making a whole new thread each update.
What's the best way to post in a thread using the command line?

Re: Posting to a specific thread from a user account with curl?

GregChapman
What is "curl"?
Is this really a question for Nabble Support or was it intended for a "Curl" forum?

Re: Posting to a specific thread from a user account with curl?

Bitcoin
Hey Greg, curl is a command line program to send web requests. Similar to wget.

Basically I figured this was the only solution, a hacky way of tricking the website into thinking you are posting from a browser, when it is just sending a post request from a terminal.

Re: Posting to a specific thread from a user account with curl?

GregChapman
This is not my area of expertise but I am struggling to think of a circumstance when one would need to post a reply  to a topic (if that's what you mean by "updates") by such a mechanism unless it was to post to multiple forums at the same time and that sounds like a request for a mechanism to spam to me!

Am I unnecessarily suspicious?!
Do explain!

Re: Posting to a specific thread from a user account with curl?

haozwang<Nabble>
honestly the purpose of the forum is for the user to use the interface so I don't know how to do it personally...but I am curious if you mess around with it what kind of exploits you might find... do it on your own experimental forums though!