Posting and uploading files to a Nabble formum....

Posting and uploading files to a Nabble formum....

Melbeta
Okay, I am a new member of this forum:
http://n2.nabble.com/Compass-Metal-Detector-Forum-f548136.html

I have  tried to post (which I can do) and at the same time, upload a Acrobat .pdf file that I created, to go along with that post. But each time I have posted, but no attached file to download to the forum.

So what am I doing wrong?

It opens up, I select the .pdf file, then hit upload, and then wait. I wait and wait, nothing seems to be happening, and finally decide to hit "close" and leave, and see if it is attached to my posting.

It is not. Give me a step by step procedure as I am doing something wrong. I have asked various members, and they do not have a clue either...

Re: Posting and uploading files to a Nabble formum....

Hugo <Nabble>
What is the size of the file you are trying to upload? I suspect the file is very big or your upload speed is very low. People usually don't have problems with this feature.

Re: Posting and uploading files to a Nabble formum....

Melbeta
In a message dated 3/4/2010 9:58:23 PM Mountain Standard Time, [hidden email] writes:

What is the size of the file you are trying to upload? I suspect the file is very big or your upload speed is very low. People usually don't have problems with this feature.Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Posting-and-uploading-files-to-a-Nabble-formum-tp4677760p4679121.html
To unsubscribe from Posting and uploading files to a Nabble formum...., click here.

2,326 kb, but old country speed around 40K on a dial up modem. When I hit the upload, how long do I wait? Do I wait until I see something come up? I just wait and wait, do not know what I am waiting to see. Tell me what I should see, then maybe I will wait longer. When do it hit "close" button? It is probably not knowing what is going on, or what will be going on, and I quit too soon?

Re: Posting and uploading files to a Nabble formum....

Hugo <Nabble>
I guess you quit too soon. You should wait for the small upload window to disappear and a tag will be added to your message text. I think you should try to upload a small file first (e.g., a very small text file) to see how it works.