Posting an image from my Iphone

alan.c
Is it possible to use an image from my IPhone on a nabble forum

Re: Posting an image from my Iphone

Don't see why not. Here's an image posted from my Android phone.Trees

Re: Posting an image from my Iphone

alan.c
What a great picture. Still can't do it I am wondering if it's something to do with apple software and picture size

Re: Posting an image from my Iphone

GregChapman
It's one of the sample images on my HTC Wildfire S. The original is 6.92Mb in size and originally 1868x2802px in size. I got Nabble to set the longer side to 500px and centre it.

When I tap the Nabble "Insert Image" button, and then "Choose file", a dialogue appears to upload from the "Gallery" (or "Select Music Track" or "Voice Recorder") I selected the image from those stored in my gallery.

Even on wi-fi it took a fair time for the image to upload, (understandably, given the size). Only then did the image upload dialogue disappear and the Nabble edit window re-appear with the image code in place.

Maybe you're not waiting long enough?

Re: Posting an image from my Iphone

alan.c
Just had another go when it says insert image from my computer I tap the button and nothing happens waited for a while but still nothing any ideas

Re: Posting an image from my Iphone

GregChapman
Unfortunately not.

My attraction to Apple devices is as strong as a pair of North Poles, and I know almost nothing about either their hardware or software. Hopefully, one of the Nabble team, or some other user, will know more about them.

Re: Posting an image from my Iphone

alan.c
Thanks anyway

Re: Posting an image from my Iphone

alan.c
Looks like this is the one that has beaten you all even Hugo lol

Re: Posting an image from my Iphone

Hugo <Nabble>
It seems that mobile safari doesn't allow file uploads. You can read the article below, which also includes some possible turnarounds:
http://www.parorrey.com/blog/technology/how-to-fix-iphoneipad-mobile-safari-greyed-out-and-disabled-file-upload-control/