Post view options

Harvey
I think it's duplicative to have the option for "Threaded View twice on the page:

IMO the one at the right should be removed.

Also as admin I'd like the option to remove all the various view options, and just stay with classic.  Ideally a "radio button" for admins only that allows me to display one, two or three view options.

Re: Post view options

Hugo <Nabble>
Harvey44 wrote
IMO the one at the right should be removed.
That link has indeed little value to the first post of the topic but – as you go down to the posts at the bottom – the value increases significantly. Our system is meant to support flexible and complex discussions where the flat classic view can't handle by itself. We can remove the list/threaded views if your forum doesn't require that.
Harvey44 wrote
Also as admin I'd like the option to remove all the various view options, and just stay with classic.  Ideally a "radio button" for admins only that allows me to display one, two or three view options.
This change should be specific for your apps, so no need to add this feature to all Nabble apps unless more users show interest in it.

Re: Post view options

Harvey
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Harvey44 wrote
IMO the one at the right should be removed.
That link has indeed little value to the first post of the topic but – as you go down to the posts at the bottom – the value increases significantly. Our system is meant to support flexible and complex discussions where the flat classic view can't handle by itself. We can remove the list/threaded views if your forum doesn't require that.

Harvey44 wrote
Also as admin I'd like the option to remove all the various view options, and just stay with classic.  Ideally a "radio button" for admins only that allows me to display one, two or three view options.
This change should be specific for your apps, so no need to add this feature to all Nabble apps unless more users show interest in it.
I get that it can be valuable. I keep thinking that eventually I'll "get it" and want Threaded View back, which is why I'd like it on a radio button. For now I just get email from newbies who are confused and I explain that if they switch to classic, all will make sense.
HTTPS Please!