Post to mailing list still pending

mericano1
Hi all,
I registered on Nabble on the 18th of Aug and I tried to post a message on the jboss users ML. I realized I have to join the ML to be able to post messages and so I did but I still have not been accepted!
Is there any issue with my account/ profile or approving people are on holiday B-) ?
Please let me know..Thanks

Re: Post to mailing list still pending

Hugo <Nabble>
Nabble just archives that mailing list (we don't control it). If you still has problems to post, you may contact the mailing list owners and explain the problem.

Re: Post to mailing list still pending

Denis-B
I'm also getting
  "Your message has been automatically rejected, since it came from a non-member's email address."

Could Nabble have a problem with multiple email names from the same address ?

"contact the mailing list owners and explain the problem." => "forget Nabble"

Re: Post to mailing list still pending

Andrew
I'm not sure how to contact the mailing list owners...can you help me with that?

Re: Post to mailing list still pending

vokomokum
If this is the Nabble site you went to: http://www.nabble.com/JBoss-f2632.html, the first thing to notice is that it's an old Nabble site - see the breadcrumb and url so maybe there is no owner anymore and no one is really maintaining the site. The new Nabble forums have n2.nabble.com in the url.

Also there's a link in that forum:
"JBoss is an open-source J2EE server. JBoss home is here."

If you follow it you'll find what appears to be the current forum:
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb

Hope that helps!

Re: Post to mailing list still pending

You are probably trying to send an email to the built-in mailing list of a Nabble forum and the email you have belongs to another user. Note that each user has a specific email to post messages in a forum and you probably got this email from someone else. Please go to the forum you want to post and click on "Options > Post by email" to see what is your target address. You can also post through the "New Topic" link in that forum.

Re: Post to mailing list still pending

Denis-B
Thanks Hugo, but still not clear: do you mean
http://www.nabble.com/mailing_list/MailingListOptions.jtp?forum=33046
for numpy-discussion@scipy.org  ? don't see an email address there.
Also I use only my own email addresses but have several.
Thanks, cheers

I thought you were trying to post in the new system (n2.nabble.com), not the old one (www.nabble.com). Let me ask you a question: In the email that comes with the message "Your message has been automatically rejected, since it came from a non-member's email address." - does it have any reference to the Nabble website (e.g., footer, etc)?
If not, then this email was sent by the mailing list server, not Nabble. You can try sending an email directly to the mailing list (using your email client, not Nabble) and see if you get the same error.

Re: Post to mailing list still pending

Denis-B
Hugo,
  an older email (Post to mailing list still pending) is from support@nabble.com.
Can you just delete me from Nabble, let me start over in n2 --
but where's numpy-discussion under n2 ?
Thanks, cheers

Re: Post to mailing list still pending

Hugo <Nabble>
Denis-B wrote
  an older email (Post to mailing list still pending) is from support@nabble.com.
Can you just delete me from Nabble, let me start over in n2 --
Please post the link to your profile on Nabble1.
Denis-B wrote
but where's numpy-discussion under n2 ?
It seems that we don't have it archived on n2.

Re: Post to mailing list still pending

Denis-B
This profile looks ok, email is ok --
http://www.nabble.com/user/UserProfile.jtp?user=1458936

but please delete it / reset so I can try again.
Thanks, cheers

Re: Post to mailing list still pending

Hugo <Nabble>
Denis-B wrote
but please delete it / reset so I can try again.
All your messages will be deleted permanently. Do you confirm?