Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

Goblin
Hallo Nabble Team,

I'll do the German traslation of the Nabble Blog and Forum System. Post me a download link of the original English files here ,please.

I'll do it for free because Nabble is fantastic and I use it for some of my projects.

If you would like to offer me something in return, I would be happy if you removed the Nabble links from my blog or give me a "free professional account".

MyBlog: http://demo-blog.1060049.n5.nabble.com/;cid=1312497972772-576

Have a nice day.

Regards, Andy

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

Hugo <Nabble>
Thanks, Andy. There is no "original file in english", so you should simply modify the portuguese translation file as explained here:
http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Getting-Started-tp6670642p6670642.html

I speak German, but I am not a native speaker. So I prefer that someone like you starts the translation (I can review it if needed).
Goblin wrote
If you would like to offer me something in return, I would be happy if you removed the Nabble links from my blog or give me a "free professional account".
Thanks okay. We will also give you 50,000 ad-free credits (which means 50,000 page views without advertising).

GrĂ¼sse,
Hugo

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

Goblin
This post was updated on .
Ok Hugo, then I go to work :)

PS: Hugo, advertising at Nabble is not a good thing. You will make you so many enemies. I also do not like it very much. You do not have to pay a programmer. There were and are always enough volunteers. In addition, you are bound to no fixed milestones and have all the time for your updates. Many Nabble users had always admired you because you offer a fantastic service without damn advertising. Do not sit down on this deep level. That you did not need. Nabble ye!!! Hey Nabble!!! The team that it shows everyone else that such a brilliant project needs no stupid advertising. Then you have to always be proud. You lose you here. That is the wrong way Hugo.

Power up your paid support with something interesting. Offer the paid users a special add-on to that received only people with paid support. So you can get more people into the paid support. Advertising, advertising sucks .... makes people angry and does not bring much money. Thus you have a lot more disadvantages than advantages. You should think through the important again.

Hugo, I still have a solution to your team money worries that you could actually bring in enough money and at the same time would be very interesting for your members. It has to do with your next template system. Can I write you a PM and explain it to you? Else's nobody's business.

Kind regards, Andy

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

diasw
Hi there,

any news about the German translation? If you need any support, contact me.

regards
s.

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

Goblin
Am 01.12.2011 08:27, schrieb [hidden email]
Hi there,

any news about the German translation? If you need any support, contact me.

regards
s.

To unsubscribe from Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German, click here.
NAML

eMail ist virenfrei.
Von AVG überprüft - www.avg.de
Version: 2012.0.1873 / Virendatenbank: 2102/4650 - Ausgabedatum: 01.12.2011

------=_Part_16868_17520598.1322724431420--
Hi :)

I`m so so sorrry I forgot You :(
If it is possible send me all files per Email and I`ll do the traslation immediately in UTF8 and send it back to You.

Kind regards from Germany, Andy

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

Hugo <Nabble>
Goblin wrote
If it is possible send me all files per Email and I`ll do the traslation
immediately in UTF8 and send it back to You.
You can download the portuguese translation file from here:
http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Getting-Started-tp6670642p6670642.html

That's the file you have to change (keep the english part intact and change only the <to>...</to> tags).

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

dietesterin
Hi Hugo,

is a German translation available in the meantime or a part of it? I'm a studied translator and happy to help out, if needed. I've looked into the original files and the translation shouldn't be a problem.  Please contact me via my website, just to be sure.

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi dietesterin, we don't have a german translator at this point. If you can help, please download the portuguese translation and use it as your guide: http://support.nabble.com/Getting-Started-td6670642.html

Thanks for the help and let us know if you have questions.

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

LordOfBikes
Hi,

is there any progress in German translation? An intermediate result to continue on or to support?

Regards,

Armin

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

dietesterin
Hi Armin

Sorry for the long delay. I'm halfway through, I guess. I'm planning to finish the translation within the next few weeks. Please let me know a mail address to discuss some issues later on.

Cheers
Stephanie

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

GregChapman
No need to ask for an email address to be published publicly.

You can always email another poster by clicking on their avatar or username.

It sends it via the Nabble system using a cloaked form of address. You can then exchange real email address in private.

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

dietesterin
I don't think that the question about who to contact (and how) in case of queries was unneccessary or rude. I simply expected the person in charge to answer me in private. I didn't know about the avatars, though. I guess Hugo is responsible so I'll contact him when I'm finished translating your software. Wohoa, so excited if he lets me know his private mail address when responding.

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

LordOfBikes
Hi Stephanie,

any news about the german translation?

Should we split the file, that we can work simultaneous? I can merge the translated parts together again, that's no problem.

Armin

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

nnako
Hi there,

I got to love Nabble and I use it within some of my projects. One thing that still bothers me is the fact that a lot of people don't get involved in particular projects just because they don't feel comfortable with the English language. So they do not accept using Nabble because of the missing German translation... and they miss great forum management possibilities.

I was wondering if my help could be of some value regarding the process speed-up for a German translation. The first post about translating Nabble into German is more than two years old. And the recent one already three months. And still there is no sign of a near success (at least not one expressed in words) ;-)  . Are there too many good alternatives to Nabble's approach?

Could someone tell the current state of Nabble's German translation? Is there still a need for contribution? Or is it near to finish soon (within this year)? I'd like to contribute but I would not like to start all over again if there was already substantial work done.

Would be happy if someone could answer.

Thanks.
nnako

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

LordOfBikes
Hi nnako,

it is my intention too, to see Nabble in German language, for an open source projects community forum.

The latest info from Stephanie on July 27, 2013 was that she is half way trough. I asked to support her, but got no response .

@dietesterin, Stephanie, please tell us if there is any progress or share your half way trough file, so we can finish the work.

@nnako, let's wait couple of days if Stefanie will reply. If not, I'm ready now to start translation from beginning. If you want to support, we will find a way to work both on it.

Regards

Armin

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

nnako
Good plan, Armin.

Let's wait a couple of days and then start  AND FINISH.

Maybe Stephanie just forgot to check the "Alert me by email when someone posts to this thread" at the bottom of the edit window. This would have caused her to miss your massages... Unless she changed her mail address, if we wrote a PM to her, she would definitely have the chance to react.

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

LordOfBikes
OK, I sent  the PM just now.

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

nnako
Ok. It seems that we have to start afresh, my friend. So let's do it in the beginning of the new year.

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

LordOfBikes
Hi nnako,

you're right, no noise from dietesterin.

My plan is to write a script to export all <translate /> lines and generate a po file to simplify translation with poedit tools. After translation another script can generate a translated naml formatted file.

Finally a little manual work to merge the macro section with the generated translation file and we should have finished the job.

If you agree with this, we can discuss details by PM. I can start after New Year's Day.

Happy New Year!!!

Re: Post the original Nabble English files in that post. I'll trasl. it to German

nnako
Hi LordOfBikes,

looking forward for strategic explanations concerning the usage of "po
files" and "poedit". As long as it eases the typing process for our
translation, I'm fine with any helper tool. We should also discuss our
understanding of the translation rules before we start. Just to get a
fluent, homogeneous translation for the German folks, in the end.

PM is welcome.

Happy New Year!

123