Post count

Nalicter
I notice that a post count shows up by the users' avatar on Nabble Support and other forums, but it doesn't on certain ones of mine yet.

Is there a way to get this on my forums, or is it just in the process of being implemented now?

This is the parent to all the forums it doesn't show up on yet:
http://n2.nabble.com/Cordilow%27s-Literature-and-Fine-Arts-of-Fantasy-f641108.html

It works on my other forums.

Re: Post count

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
I see the post count in your forum without a problem. Change to classic view when you are in a thread, and the post count will show up.

Re: Post count

Nalicter
I'm already in classic view. I've since restarted my computer and web browser (and much time has passed), just in case it was a memory cache issue, but it's still like that for me.

I'm using Firefox 3.0.1 on Linux (Ubuntu, Hardy Heron), if that helps.

Here's a screen shot:

I see it in all the other forums just fine (including my other ones). It's just Cordilow's Literature and Fine Arts of Fantasy and its children that give me problems.

Re: Post count

Nalicter
I noticed something helpful.

The post count is only missing when I'm logged in with this account. If I log out, I see the post count. If I log in with my other account, it also shows them.

Although I should note that some of the posts had a curious underscore in front of them. What does that mean? (e.g. _1)

Is there a way to fix it with this account?

Re: Post count

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Cordilow,

This bug seems to be the same as this one:
http://n2.nabble.com/Admin-bug-tp1087981p1087981.html

Please try again and let us know if you still see the problem.
Thanks in advance,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Post count

Nalicter
Thanks for fixing the problems. :)

Everything seems to be fine now. Although, I should note that the curious underscore on some of the posts for the post count still exists. I only see it on these fantasy forums that we're talking about. Let me check and see if the underscore disappears when I log out. Nope, it's still there. But it's only that branch of forums. It only appears with low amounts of posts (less than 11 or so). I think it might be due to a counting bug having to do with threads that have been moved or something (most of this probably occurred soon after migration to Nabble 2). Let me check and see if the count is accurate on the posters.

Hmm. It appears to give an accurate post count for the all posts with the top level parent and its children. At first I thought it meant just the posts in the forum at hand—but this way is cool, and is probably a good idea. However, this is different from the posts calculated when you click on the people link (seeing as it counts higher level posts as well). I just hope that doesn't confuse anyone.

When I check the console for errors, I get warnings, but no out-right errors. Here are the ones that appear when I view a thread with such:

Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'filter'.  Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://n2.nabble.com/site7.css
Line: 521

Warning: Expected declaration but found '/'.  Skipped to next declaration.
Source File: http://n2.nabble.com/catalog/CustomStyle.jtp?forum=641121
Line: 16

Warning: Expected declaration but found '/'.  Skipped to next declaration.
Source File: http://n2.nabble.com/catalog/CustomStyle.jtp?forum=641121
Line: 101

Warning: Expected declaration but found '/'.  Skipped to next declaration.
Source File: http://n2.nabble.com/catalog/CustomStyle.jtp?forum=641121
Line: 105

Hmm—when I look at these warnings, they seem to pertain to something I did in the forum stylesheet. Let me fix that and see if for some odd reason that fixes it. All right, I've fixed them all, except for the one that's not particular to my forums. Apparently the // style comment causes the warning for some odd reason (is there a better comment to use in CSS?)

This is the warning that remains, and is common to other forums:
Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'filter'.  Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://n2.nabble.com/site7.css
Line: 521

I doubt if this has anything to do with the underscore thing, but I'm not sure what else to say.