"Post by email" for category application?

"Post by email" for category application?

Marc Martin
I've got an application of type "Category", which has several forums underneath.  Under "Options", I see "subscribe via email", and "Post by email".  I can see the value of "subscribe", as this would presumably subscribe you to all of the sub-forums.  But what does "Post by email" do in this case?  There is no forum at the top-level of the application, just categories.

Thanks,
Marc

Re: "Post by email" for category application?

Pedro
You can post a new topic by email using the given address at "Post by email".

RE: "Post by email" for category application?

Coleen_Astalos

"Post by email" shows you the email address to use to send an email to post to that section of the forum.

Coleen

Coleen Astalos, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alamosa, CO,
[hidden email]
See my website at
http://alamosa.stampinup.net
Are you a demonstrator?
Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

Yes, but at the top level of a "category" application, there is nowhere for the email to go to, is there?
There is no "forum" at the top level, as all of the "forums" are sub-forums.

Re: "Post by email" for category application?

Marc Martin
Oh!  But I see that I can eliminate the "post by email" menu item by changing the top-level permissions so nobody can post a new thread or reply.  So that works.