Please import NICAR-L mbox

tedp
This post was updated on .
Hello,

Please import our NICAR-L archives mbox file into our test Listserv.

Listserv:   http://archives.nicar.org  or HERE: http://nicar-l.1126289.n5.nabble.com
mbox:   http://ire.org/files/static_files/NICAR_all.tgz

Thanks, this is my first upload, so please let me know if I need to do anything differently!

Best Regards,
Ted

Re: Please import NICAR-L mbox

tedp
Hi,

Writing from the NICAR community, where we train journalists on OSGeo, R/RStudio, PostgreSQL, SPSS, SQLite, and many other great software using Nabble for archives.  Is it possible to migrate (merge) our mbox of an already existing list into Nabble forums?

Cheers,
Ted, list owner for NICAR-L, a list with 2500 users that is growing daily.
NICARCON2016:  http://ire.org/events-and-training/event/2198/

Re: Please import NICAR-L mbox

Pierre Chevalier
Hello,

Did you succeed in importing your mbox into nabble?
I did not, and I am wondering what is the appropriate procedure.

Regards,
Pierre

Re: Please import NICAR-L mbox

tedp
Hi Pierre,

Sorry, my experience with Nabble support is mixed so far, as they haven't
replied to my requests yet. They got right on the OSGeo Community mbox
request within a day, but I've been waiting almost 6 months for help.

Our NICAR-L community, an open technology list using LISTSERV 16.0,
discusses open source projects on a daily basis, including OSGeo software
like OSGeo4W, so I'd think it would be a good fit for Nabble.  I wish I
knew how to grease the wheels here, but I don't personally know anybody in
Nabble support.  If you find the appropriate procedure to import an mbox,
I'd appreciate the help!

Best,
Ted

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 10:01 AM, Pierre Chevalier [via Nabble Support] <
ml-node+s1n7596652h90@n2.nabble.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Did you succeed in importing your mbox into nabble?
> I did not, and I am wondering what is the appropriate procedure.
>
> Regards,
> Pierre

> .
> NAML
> <http://support.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: Please import NICAR-L mbox

Pierre Chevalier
Hello Ted,

Le 15/03/2016 16:27, tedp [via Nabble Support] a écrit :
> Hi Pierre,
> Sorry, my experience with Nabble support is mixed so far, as they
> haven't replied to my requests yet. They got right on the OSGeo
> Community mbox request within a day, but I've been waiting almost 6
> months for help.

:-/

> Our NICAR-L community, an open technology list using LISTSERV 16.0,
> discusses open source projects on a daily basis, including OSGeo
> software like OSGeo4W,

Yes, I know a bit about OSGeo :-): I use stuff like PostGIS, QGIS,
GRASS, etc. on a daily basis.

>so I'd think it would be a good fit for Nabble.

So do I, concerning our geolllibre community: it is aboutFLOSS for
geologists.  The list isn't archived, no public visibility; so Nabble
would be an interesting leap forward.

> I wish I knew how to grease the wheels here, but I don't personally know
> anybody in Nabble support.  If you find the appropriate procedure to
> import an mbox, I'd appreciate the help!

I've searched quite a bit, and I did not succeed, so far.  I'll try to
contact directly someone from Nabble who already made such kinds of import.

Regards,
Pierre
Pierre Chevalier
PChGEI: Pierre Chevalier Géologue Et Informaticien
Partenaire DALIBO
     Mesté Duran
     32100 Condom
   Tél+fax  :    09 75 27 45 62
                 06 37 80 33 64
   Émail  :   pierrechevaliergeolCHEZfree.fr
   icq#   :   10432285
   jabber: [hidden email]
   http://pierremariechevalier.free.fr/pierre_chevalier_geologue

Re: Please import NICAR-L mbox

tedp
Hi Pierre,

I am hoping you manage to get your mbox imported; please feel free to share what you find with me or the Nabble support list so we have an update of the current best practice.

Best Regards,
Ted

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Pierre Chevalier [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Ted,

Le 15/03/2016 16:27, tedp [via Nabble Support] a écrit :
> Hi Pierre,
> Sorry, my experience with Nabble support is mixed so far, as they
> haven't replied to my requests yet. They got right on the OSGeo
> Community mbox request within a day, but I've been waiting almost 6
> months for help.

:-/

NAML

Re: Please import NICAR-L mbox

Pierre Chevalier
Hi,

I just got a message from no-reply@nabble.com, saying that:

" Dear Nabble user,
" The forum listed below is inactive and has been scheduled for deletion in 10 days.
" To prevent this forum from being deleted, visit the forum and follow the instructions.
" http://geolllibre.79303.x6.nabble.com/
" If this forum is deleted, your posts in this forum will be deleted.
" You can see your posts here:
" http://geolllibre.79303.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=user_nodes&user=1
" ** For more information, see:
" http://x6.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=53
" Regards,
" The Nabble team

So, unfortunately, I have no idea, so far, of what the current best practice may be to get archives into nabble...

In the meantime, I chose to migrate my list to http://www.freelists.org/list/geolllibre.  Archives were imported, no worries.

Regards,
Pierre

Re: Please import NICAR-L mbox

tedp
Hi Pierre,

Thank you for the tip about Freelists.org.

Regards,
Ted

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 9:14 AM, Pierre Chevalier [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I just got a message from [hidden email], saying that:

[...]

http://support.nabble.com/Please-import-NICAR-L-mbox-tp7595910p7596867.html
To unsubscribe from Please import NICAR-L mbox, click here.
NAML