Please Migrate AppFuse Forums to Nabble 2

Please Migrate AppFuse Forums to Nabble 2

Matt Raible
I'm mostly interested in migrating so I can embed Nabble in AppFuse's wiki @ http://appfuse.org.

Current forum at http://appfuse.org/forum (will redirect).

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Please Migrate AppFuse Forums to Nabble 2

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Matt, your AppFuse forum is being migrated now. It should take some hours to complete. If you want, you can get the embedding script and put in your website (this step is independent of the migration). In any case, I will let you know when migration has finished.

Re: Please Migrate AppFuse Forums to Nabble 2

Matt Raible
I've seen some user issues where I can't login to Nabble 2 with the same username/password I used on Nabble 1. Another AppFuse user reported this as well. Is this expected behavior? If so, it is possible to migrate accounts to the same platform?

I'm very interested in embedding this in our current site.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Please Migrate AppFuse Forums to Nabble 2

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Matt, users will have to register again in the new system. We don't bring the login information because users must realize the systems are independent. I know this isn't perfect and other users have complained before, but registration takes less than 1 minute. Other mailing list owners have sent an email to the list to explain this (see this example).

Re: Please Migrate AppFuse Forums to Nabble 2

Hugo <Nabble>
The migration has finished successfully.