Please Migrate Apache OFBiz forums to Nabble2

Re: Please Migrate Apache OFBiz forums to Nabble2

Hugo <Nabble>
You are welcome, Jacques. Please let me know if you need anything from Nabble and I will be there to help you.

Re: Please Migrate Apache OFBiz forums to Nabble2

Ashish Vijaywargiya
Thanks Jacques & Hugo for your help - Much appreciated!

Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya

Re: Please Migrate Apache OFBiz forums to Nabble2

Jacques Le Roux
Hi Hugo,

Our MLs moderator David E. Jones sent this message

Is there any way we could get the nabble2 emails to come from the same
address every time? Or does anyone know of a trick to get the mailing
list to allow by pattern? So far I've had to moderate through every
message coming through nabble since the nabble2 change over (hence the
delays)...

The from addresses are always funny things like the one on this
message: "<ml-user+302710-826902308@n2.nabble.com>"
Have you a clear answer ?

Thanks

Re: Please Migrate Apache OFBiz forums to Nabble2

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Jacques, thanks for your message. The email format described by David belongs to the Nabble subscription code. As you may know, our forums (and other apps) have a built-in mailing list that allows people to post/receive messages by email. The problem is that people in your list are using this subscription (which is totally independent of the OFBiz mailing list) to post and receive messages. So there is a mix of messages and addresses travelling through the OFBiz mailing list. If the OFBiz mailing list sends emails to all subscribers (is this true?), then people shouldn't use our own build-in mailing subscription (they should send emails directly to the main list, not to the Nabble server). In this case, you should unsubscribe everyone from the Nabble list (Options > Users > Manage subscribers) because they are probably confused about these two subscriptions (you may ask them if they are receiving two copies of each email - one sent by the OFBiz list and one sent by the Nabble build-in list).

We have talked about this internally at Nabble in the past, and I guess this is a good example of why these two subscriptions shouldn't be available together. I will talk to the team again and see what we can do to prevent this problem in the future.
Please let me know if you have questions, comments or concerns.

Re: Please Migrate Apache OFBiz forums to Nabble2

Hi Jacques, do you know if David still has this problem?
If yes, please confirm with him that he is talking about the OFBiz mailing list moderation (not the forum moderation).

Re: Please Migrate Apache OFBiz forums to Nabble2

Jacques Le Roux
Hi Hugo,

Here is David's answer
David E. Jones wrote

> I haven't noticed other Nabble messages moderated for a little while,
> but this one was moderated since the address it came from was not
> subscribed.
>
> -David
So I guess it's only an issue when people use OFBIz Nabble forums to send message wihout prior registering on OFBiz MLs. I guess we can't do much about this, isn'it ?

Jacques

Re: Please Migrate Apache OFBiz forums to Nabble2

Hugo <Nabble>
Thanks, Jacques. We have made a change to the system that should fix this problem. You may talk to David about this. Please let us know if this problem happens again.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com
12