Personal Messages

Sun

Personal Messages

Sun
How can be sent messages between the forum members ? Is it possible ? If yes, how ? If not, are you going to add this application to the forum later ?
Please, let me know. Thank you !
αιτία ελομένου ' θεός αναίτιος

Re: Personal Messages

Hugo <Nabble>
You can visit the user's profile and click on "Send email to XXX".
Sun

Re: Personal Messages

Sun
Ok. I did this, i sent email to... but the member hed to open its personal email to see thw message. Is it possible to see it directly into the forum ?
Thnaks for your reply !
αιτία ελομένου ' θεός αναίτιος

Re: Personal Messages

Hugo <Nabble>
Some users have requested this before, but we never really understood why this is better than normal emails. Since everybody reads emails, why create a parallel system?
Sun

Re: Personal Messages

Sun
Because -as the most Forums do- it is easier to see someone his personal message while he is into the forum. It is more dificult and needs more time to open his email to check the email messages. Also, many members forget to check their emails. If there is the possibility to see somehow the personal message in real time ,while is into the forum , i think is more useful and more...live and cute.
Thank you ! Please ,reply ,because many friends and forum members ask.
αιτία ελομένου ' θεός αναίτιος

feeds, instant messaging, e-mail, complementary systems/services

Graham Perrin
Don't forget that for each forum, and for each sub-forum, there are two feeds.

Example: <http://n2.nabble.com/atom/ForumFeeds.jtp?forum=3354548>

Any reader of your Sun News messages feed can see each new message almost immediately after it is posted.

Personally, I hate forums that require or expect me to use in-page instant messaging as a substitute for e-mail.

If I forget or do not bother to check my e-mail, that's my choice. When I make that choice, I don't want forum/service administrators to disrespect my choice by pushing things at me in some other way.

When I do not sign in to my (live) instant messaging software (there are many, many clients; and many, many services), that's my choice. When I make that choice, I don't want anyone to disrespect that by imagining ever more, and more, and more ways of pushing things to me in real time.

There are a plethora of systems and services that handle instant messaging and/or feeds, most of which are wholly complementary to the feature set of Nabble.

Re: feeds, instant messaging, e-mail, complementary systems/services

cmather
"There are a plethora of systems and services that handle instant messaging and/or feeds, most of which are wholly complementary to the feature set of Nabble."

Hi - I was wondering if you could point me towards these systems as the members of my cycling club have asked for personal messaging as part of our forum; here's what I have set up as a test http://n2.nabble.com/Yogi-Cycling-f3569190.html

any help much appreciated - thanks.

Chris

shoutbox options

Graham Perrin
At <http://n2.nabble.com/-tp3507895p3510724.html> Hugo mentions the shoutbox example.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoutbox> could be a good place to start.

Personally, I use ChatBlox

* I use it with web sites that are powered by Plone, but Plone is not a requirement.