"People" option

Dusan
This post was updated on .
is it possible to have "people" link removed for all except administrators?
And hide "People .. All users" section in blog view

Re: "People" option

GregChapman
That would require some NAML coding skills to edit the appropriate macro.

However, the alternative that I use on my forums is, at the top level, turn off all User Groups at:
Options > Users > Change Permissions > Show_group_members
and then have a hidden sub-forum that only an Administrator can access where I turn on all User Groups.
To make a sub-forum that is completely hidden to certain user groups use:
Options > Application > Extra & add-ons > Content > Smart application pages
If you don't use that feature a sub-forum will be visible but those without the "View" permission will encounter an "Access Request" screen.

One of the reasons I keep a hidden sub-forum for administrators is as a place to move unwanted posts, replies and comments. That way I can keep any evidence of what was written and may be required later. It's also a good place to store early drafts of posts. Than I can copy and paste them them into the main forum when they are ready to go.