People at forum 3138168 lists me twice

Graham Perrin
<http://n2.nabble.com/forum/People.jtp?forum=3138168> shows me (the creator of the forum) listed twice.

cross reference

Graham Perrin
Might this issue be blocking nearby bug
All posts via Nabble forum f1653123 failing for over three days?

f1653123 is in recent months a grand-child of f3138168.

Re: cross reference

Hugo <Nabble>
Thanks for reporting this bug. We will fix it soon.
Graham Perrin wrote
Might this issue be blocking nearby bug
All posts via Nabble forum f1653123 failing for over three days?
No, they are not related.

Re: People at forum 3138168 lists me twice

I see the problem, but I don't understand how you could add yourself as a member when you are already the forum owner. Maybe in the past the system had this bug and you did this by accident and now the system doesn't allow it? Do you remember how you did this (maybe reproduce with another forum)?

Re: People at forum 3138168 lists me twice

Graham Perrin
I have no recollection of adding myself as a member, I can't imagine doing so by accident.

What follows may be hard to visualise but here goes…

If I think back over the past few months, focusing on the forums that I created then rearranged in relation to Chandler Project, Open Source Applications Foundation (OSAF) and IETF:

a) AFAIR I began with Chandler Project: selected lists f1653096

• with two children Chandler users and chandler-dev

• probably without an OSAF parent

— Chandler Project is logically within OSAF but when I originally created the Chandler Project area in Nabble, I probably didn't foresee a need for anything under the OSAF umbrella

b) some months later, I created forums for one or two of four IETF lists that were originally hosted by OSAF

c) for a while, OSAF-hosted IETF stuff was near to OSAF-hosted Chandler Project stuff

c) at some point I created an IETF forum f3136371

d) at some point I created an OSAF forum f3138168 parent to Chandler Project

e) ultimately four IETF lists were transitioned from OSAF to IETF hosting and so in Nabble I rearranged the parentage/grand-parentage to reflect that transition.

I do recall, at some point I got the parentage/grand-parentage wrong and had to move things around to correct my mistake. Possibly at point (e) when separation was required I lazily compared the number of IETF forums (4) with the number of Chandler Project forums (2) and imagined that the quickest separation would be removal of Chandler users and chandler-dev from their original parent. Then realised that the arrangement would have left the Nabble users who were previously able to post Chandler users and chandler-dev no longer able to post in either place (but able to post in an IETF area, which was not required).

Whatever happened: after correcting my mistake I ended up with the required short list of people at <http://n2.nabble.com/forum/People.jtp?forum=3138168>. Whether my name appeared twice back then, I don't know. Somehow I doubt it.

Certainly I never 'added myself' or anything like that.

I did simply (but repeatedly) arrange parentage and grand-parentage. Might my clumsiness and back-tracking have led to my name appearing twice?

Re: People at forum 3138168 lists me twice

Graham Perrin
A much briefer answer:

I'll try to reproduce somewhere in the sandpit.

Re: People at forum 3138168 lists me twice

Hugo <Nabble>
This bug has been fixed. Thanks for reporting it.