Password hash in Backup

dnaber
Hi,

I'm considering to switch to a different forum software (Discourse). I'd like to import my nabble forum including the users there. For that, I'd need to know how the passwords in the database backup are hashed so the new forum can use the same algorithm and users can keep their old username and password for the new forum.

Regards
 Daniel

Re: Password hash in Backup

dnaber
I've moved my forum now to Discourse and things went fine. As I didn't get a reply here I couldn't move the users' passwords, but my users can easily get a new password with the "I forgot my password" feature in Discourse. If anybody else considers migrating their forum to Discourse, let me know if you need help (naber ...at... danielnaber de).