Other mailing lists

matt connolly
I'm a member of a few mailing lists, can I read them all through nabble?

Re: Other mailing lists

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Yes, of course. You just need to start the archiving using http://n2.nabble.com/more/MailingListRequest.jtp - the process is entirely self-serve.  We can also import historical archives if you have those mbox files, usually the mailing list admin have them.

Re: Other mailing lists

Will <Nabble>
I saw that you created two archives but they weren't archiving. Are you having problems or can we help?

Re: Other mailing lists

matt connolly
Yes, I would like some help.

I can't seem to add two mailing lists that I would like:

daw-mac@yahoogroups.com
sound-design@yahoogroups.com

-Matt

Re: Other mailing lists

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
I think you probably didn't finish subscribing your archive to the yahoogroup mailing list. You can go to your archive, for example, http://n2.nabble.com/sound-design-f574758.html - click "Options" dropdown to select "Mailing list settings", then on that page, you will fine the email address for your archive, it looks something like "lists+1216.......52-30058@n2.nabble.com". In order for the archiving to start, you need to subscribe this email address to the YahooGroup mailing list.

Click the "Subscription instructions", then use the "C" option to send a subscription email to the yahoogroup mailing list.

Then go to your email, check for a confirmation from the YahooGroup. If the YahooGroup allows people to add themselves directly to the mailing list, you will receive a confirmation email with a link. Click the link and you go to a confirmation page, on the bottom of the page there is a "join the mailing list" link, click that and your archive's email address will get added to the YahooGroup mailing list. Then the archiving will start.

But if the YahooGroup doesn't allow people to add themselves, for example, some YahooGroup requires that you send an email to introduce yourself etc. then you should contact the YahooGroup owner to tell him about the Nabble service, and see if he wants to mirror his YahooGroup on Nabble. Here is an example of a YahooGroup mirrored on nabble: http://www.nabble.com/TEFLChina-(life)-f14813.html