Option to remove Captcha?

Coleen_Astalos
Since my forum will be behind my password protected site, there isn't a need for Captcha verification when an unregistered user replies to a post.  Is there an option somewhere to turn off captcha?
Coleen

Re: Option to remove Captcha?

Pedro
Please, go to "search macros" - >  "Macro source contains" : "captcha" .
Open handle_anonymous_submit and reply_form. You will take out the captcha block from both of them.
Edit it up like this:

<override_macro name="handle_anonymous_submit" requires="node_page">
    <n.if.visitor.is_anonymous>
        <then>
            <n.set_anonymous_name name="[n.anonymous_name_field.value/]" />
        </then>
    </n.if.visitor.is_anonymous>
</override_macro>
<override_macro name="reply_form">
	<n.if.not.visitor.is_registered>
		<then.anonymous_name_control/>
	</n.if.not.visitor.is_registered>
	<n.subject_control/>
	<n.message_control/>
</override_macro>
Let me know if you have any issues.

Re: Option to remove Captcha?

Coleen_Astalos
Thanks.  It works.
Coleen

Re: Option to remove Captcha?

Pedro
Ok.
Please, click at "Usages of this macro" on each one, and then at any link with the macro name. So that, repeat the process.
Or, you copy both override codes and paste at your advanced naml editor, then save.

2013/10/11 Coleen_Astalos [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]>
On the Reply_form macro, copying and pasting what you put I get the following errors when trying to save:

 Error: macro or method for 'visitor' not found in [basic, nabble, ad] stack = [basic, nabble, ad]
 in visitor(custom_tweak:reply_form:2) - <n.if.not.visitor.is_registered>
 in not(custom_tweak:reply_form:2) - <n.if.not.visitor.is_registered> - public static void nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace.not(nabble.naml.compiler.IPrintWriter,nabble.naml.compiler.Interpreter)
 in if(custom_tweak:reply_form:2) - <n.if.not.visitor.is_registered> - public static void nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace._if(nabble.naml.compiler.IPrintWriter,nabble.naml.compiler.Interpreter)
 in (custom_tweak:reply_form:1) - <override_macro name="reply_form">

Coleen

http://support.nabble.com/Option-to-remove-Captcha-tp7587176p7587183.html
To start a new topic under Nabble Support, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Nabble Support, click here.
NAML

--
Pedro Alberto Bento Gomes

Re: Option to remove Captcha?

Coleen_Astalos
It's fixed.
Thanks,
Coleen

Re: Option to remove Captcha?

Coleen_Astalos
I still have Captcha when I try to Reply to Author (by a registered user).  I don't see the "Edit this page" link on that page to determine what macro it is.    I searched for "Reply_to_Author" and looked through that macro, but I don't see anything about Captcha in it.

I've also searched all macro source for "Captcha" and I'm not finding any obvious place I missed.
Thanks
Coleen

Re: Option to remove Captcha?

GregChapman
I'm not an expert on this stuff but I searched for "nabble-captcha" (which appeared in the source code of my test forum on a page with a Captcha).

That led me to "captcha_image" and then to "Usages of captcha_image" which I suspect holds the links to the NAML code you need.

Re: Option to remove Captcha?

Coleen_Astalos
Actually I've looked thru all the code that has even just "captcha" in it and I don't think it's there anywhere.

It looks like when you hover over the link to Reply to Author it goes directly to a SendEmail.jtp command  (which we don't seem to have access to) - it must be done in there somewhere.

Coleen

Re: Option to remove Captcha?

GregChapman
If you made the search I suggested then you'll see that "captcha_control" seems to be the macro that inserts the captcha on the page. I guess is you simply need to remove the call to that macro in each macro where the call appears.

(but I haven't tested it so stand to be corrected!)

Re: Option to remove Captcha?

Coleen_Astalos
Yes, it appears that way.  But unfortunately it's not as it appears.

captcha_control is used in only 2 places:
registration_fields
reply_form

We've already updated the reply_form to remove captcha.  That is working.  But captcha is still there for "Reply to Author".

Coleen

Re: Option to remove Captcha?

GregChapman
Ah!

It looks like an oversight in one of those customisations Pedro is working on! I knew I shouldn't have chipped in here! Time for me to duck out!

Re: Option to remove Captcha?

Coleen_Astalos
It would be really nice to have an overall option to turn on/off captcha with a single checkbox.  Then anywhere that Captcha is used, it's surrounded by a box that says - is Captcha on/off and only execute the captch code if captcha is on.
Coleen

Re: Option to remove Captcha?

Coleen_Astalos
I also decided I wanted it removed from the registration process (since we're going to be registering all our members & assigning the same password as my main site).  I see it on the "registration_fields" macro - but removing the captcha_control lines at the bottom doesn't remove the check on the captcha.

Coleen

Re: Option to remove Captcha?

Pedro
Sorry, but we can't change these pages which are not in NAML.
Theses captchas are there to avoid spam, that even in external login sites, some times can happen via reply to author and registration page.

Re: Option to remove Captcha?

Coleen_Astalos
Ok, thanks.  So another related question.

I was thinking I would register members myself and assign the same password they have for my website (at least the password would be the same).  Then I have them registered and I can add them to the "Members" group - which they need to be in to post (based on how I have my permissions).

Rather than doing this, can I just add their email address to the "Members" group and leave it up to them to register (and select their own password)?  As long as they enter the same email address, it will connect up with the email address I've listed in the "Members" group and once they register they'll then show up under both the "Registered" group as well as the "Members" group - right?

This would save me from having to Register them myself - which was why I was trying to remove the Captcha so I didn't have to do that with each user one at a time.

Or is there some other way I could be doing this?  What does the "Invite" module (that I don't have installed) do?  Maybe that is my solution?  Can you install it for me?

Thanks,
Coleen

Re: Option to remove Captcha?

GregChapman
Coleen_Astalos wrote
 can I just add their email address to the "Members" group a listed in the "Members" group and once they register they'll then show up under both the "Registered" group as well as the "Members" group - right?
That's exactly what I do on one of my forums. No special customisation is required.
What does the "Invite" module (that I don't have installed) do?
It provides a form for you to enter a bunch of email addresses. Nabble then generates a set of emails that includes a link to confirm that the recipient wishes to subscribe and takes them to the subscription options page. It means that potential subscribers don't need to hunt out your forum and enter their subscription details and as a side effect registers those who subscribe.

Re: Option to remove Captcha?

Coleen_Astalos
GregChapman wrote
 It means that potential subscribers don't need to hunt out your forum and enter their subscription details and as a side effect registers those who subscribe.
I'm not seeing that the subscribers who join this way are also becoming "registered".  I tested it out and that email address got subscribed to the forum, but I didn't see it show up on the Registered Users list.  Which actually makes sense since they never select a password (which I would think is part of the being registered - you can then login).
Coleen

Re: Option to remove Captcha?

GregChapman
You're right! I should have corrected myself earlier. I thought about it after I had posted and thought should I have said 'added to the "Anyone" group', rather than registered. (Trouble is I didn't test it!)

(I think it works in much the same way as YahooGroups. There you can subscribe simply by posting to the appropriate group address, but you can't access the list archive (if one exists) until you register on the YahooGroup site.)

Re: Option to remove Captcha?

Coleen_Astalos
Yep, that's right.  Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.
Coleen

Re: Option to remove Captcha?

Pedro
You can do that: add an email at members group. Then when he get register he will be already in the group.