Option for copy of post sent to origination user?

Option for copy of post sent to origination user?

Coleen_Astalos
When a user makes a post (via the web or email) and is a subscriber to the category that the post is made to, it appears that they don't get a copy of the post.  Is that something I can customize?  My users are used to seeing their message be distributed to them and if I switch to Nabble I think I'll get lots of repeat posts with them thinking it never got posted.
Thanks,
Coleen

Re: Option for copy of post sent to origination user?

GregChapman
Unfortunately, Nabble seem to assume that everybody uses the web interface of GMail where its "conversation" style of presenting mail, as distinct from conventional mail practice of separating "Inbox" and  "Outbox", makes receiving a copy of a post redundant.

However, there is a work around. The necessary NAML code change so that posts to the forum do generate a mail to the poster is shown here:
http://support.nabble.com/Convert-Forum-to-Mail-List-tp7580384p7580495.html

Re: Option for copy of post sent to origination user?

Coleen_Astalos
GregChapman wrote
However, there is a work around. The necessary NAML code change so that posts to the forum do generate a mail to the poster is shown here:
http://support.nabble.com/Convert-Forum-to-Mail-List-tp7580384p7580495.html
I made the change as outlined in that post:

<override_macro name="should_get_instant_mail" requires="user,node_page" >
        <n.set_local_user.this_user/>
        <n.block.>
                <n.local_user.can_view.page_node />
        </n.block.>
</override_macro>

But it's still not sending the author a copy of the post (the author is set up to receive emails for that category)

Coleen

Re: Option for copy of post sent to origination user?

GregChapman
Mmm! I can't help with that one. It definitely works for me in all the forum's in which I have installed it.

Does your screen look like this after you've made the change:

Nabble Screen Shot

If it does then I'll have to pass this one to the Nabble team to help.

Re: Option for copy of post sent to origination user?

Coleen_Astalos
Here is a screen shot after making the change...

I added a comment about the customization (old programmer habits die hard!) and apparently that is what caused the problem, as I just removed the comment and it worked fine.

Guess, I need to learn how to properly comment in NAML.
Thanks,
Coleen