OpenOffice.org fora spread across two Nabble domains

OpenOffice.org fora spread across two Nabble domains

Graham Perrin
<http://www.nabble.com/-to21204042.html> is my Nabble 1 plea to contact owners of the Nabble 1 top level forum 'OpenOffice'.

This Nabble 2 support topic is a placeholder, a cross-reference.

Re: OpenOffice.org fora spread across two Nabble domains

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
We'll migrate the openoffice lists to nabble2, but this will take a few weeks as we are very busy right now. We probably will just make the mailing list migration self-serve. The migration process requires subscribing and unsubscribing, which is tedious for us, but probably not so tedious for list owners.

OpenOffice.org list migration from Nabble 1 to Nabble 2

Graham Perrin
Will and colleagues, many thanks!

I didn't imagine that you might provide this level of service for such a large collection of lists.

No rush.

As OpenOffice.org already has great presence (in Nabble 1) it may be good to have all six lists from <http://ux.openoffice.org/servlets/ProjectMailingListList> interfaced in due course. At the moment we have only two of the six (in Nabble 2), one of which is problematic. If/when the time comes to action all six, I'll take advice from list owners.

Last but not least, re <http://n2.nabble.com/Nabble-SMTP-address-subscribed-by-ezmlm-to-discuss%40ux.openoffice.org-but-Nabble-forum-does-not-show-a-post-to-the-list-tp2017351p2103199.html>:

Graham Perrin wrote
* it may be wise to defer Nabble action on [that other] topic until after I receive a response concerning the OOo list service
— until things there are clear, it may be wise to defer action on other OOo-related Nabble support topics. Just a guess :)

Kind regards, and Happy New Year!
Graham