Open Source Nabble´s Code

jonaspm {Helper}
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Open Source Nabble´s Code

Hugo <Nabble>
Administrator
Yes, this is in our roadmap, mainly because we want people to develop modules and they should look at our code and understand it. But I am not sure when this will happen.
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

Re: Open Source Nabble´s Code

jonaspm {Helper}
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Open Source Nabble´s Code

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
No, not soon.  We know where we want to go with the code and we want to get there before making it public, so this is at least 6 months away.  But if someone in premium support wants the code for some reason, we can arrange that.

Re: Open Source Nabble´s Code

jonaspm {Helper}
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

open source, distribution etc.

Graham Perrin
Franklin <Nabble> wrote
We know where we want to go with the code and we want to get there before making it public
I like that.

Cross reference
Installable or hosted Nabble - SSL, VM (kicking the ball around)

Might open source distributions include a virtual machine?

Re: open source, distribution etc.

Hugo <Nabble>
Administrator
Graham Perrin wrote
Might open source distributions include a virtual machine?
I am not sure I understand your question. We use Java 1.6, so this JVM you can download from the Internet.
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

Re: open source, distribution etc.

Graham Perrin
Sorry, I meant virtual machine as in:

* a virtual hard disk to be run in e.g. VirtualBox, something like that.

Now I don't understand why we need virtualization. Since we use Java, you can install it on any OS.
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

Re: open source, distribution etc.

Graham Perrin
Will it require an application server such as JBoss?

Or just a JRE?

(Maybe I'm reading too much between the lines!)

We use Jetty as the application server. It is a small JAR file. So a simple JRE 1.6 works fine.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: open source, distribution etc.

Hugo <Nabble>
Administrator
We want users to implement modules for Nabble. Besides that, our templates feature will require some knowledge about the code, so it should be available to the public.
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.