Online lights on

ADMINY
but i dont have them set this way...why are the little green lights on my forum?

Re: Online lights on

ADMINY
i went and turned the setting to not show people online, but it still does...help please!

Re: Online lights on

Hugo <Nabble>
We are running a test and we set all applications to have the online status working. We plan to remove the option and have this feature working on all forums. Do you think this would be a problem for you? If yes, why? What kind of harm this feature can cause?

Re: Online lights on

ADMINY
a lot of members on my forum like to come and browse questions and answers without being noticed(or bothered)
it would be nice for each member to decide whether or not to be seen.

Re: Online lights on

Hugo <Nabble>
ok, so this option doesn't belong to the forum configuration. Is should be part of the user settings. We will implement this soon.

Re: Online lights on

ADMINY
yes part of the user settings sounds good

Re: Online lights on

Abduhl
The green dot indicating I am online no longer appears om my forum. What gives?

Abduhl

Re: Online lights on

Hugo <Nabble>
Where is your forum? Please post a link.

Re: Online lights on

Spine
Abduhl wrote
The green dot indicating I am online no longer appears om my forum, what gives?

Abduhl
Well it appears on my forum, so how come it can't appear on yours? I think you should refresh or make a new forum. If you want to keep your old one just put the new one at the top and test it.
It's Spine and I'm BORED!

Re: Online lights on

JBWolverine
Abduhl belongs to the (private) Micromem Forum.

For what it is worth, there have not been any complaints in our forum about having the green dot indicate being online (other than it is no longer working for everyone).

I think they would rather see who else is online on the forum.

--JB

PS: I have been trying to determine the problem and can no longer find the setting "Options > Users > Who is online?".

http://n2.nabble.com/Who-is-online-td1559169.html#a1559169

Re: Online lights on

Hugo <Nabble>
All Nabble forums have the online feature enabled now. This is not an option anymore and we will implement different visibility options for users (online, busy, away, etc.) in some months.

If your avatar doesn't have the online symbol, please make sure you are logged in. If you still have problems, please post a link to the page or look for JavaScript errors on the page.

Re: Online lights on

ADMINY
Just for the record, many of my users do not like it, and there is a vast change in the amount of people logging in. seems some do not want to be seen until they want to be.
looking forward to the new settings. i have to say i don't understand why you would take away the option before you have the other settings ready to implement. why change something if it ain't broke. seemed simple, let the forum creator decide....until we can give others the option.

Re: Online lights on

Hugo <Nabble>
Users can now become invisible by clicking on the "Hide my online indicator" checkbox in:
http://n2.nabble.com/user/Advanced.jtp

Another way to find this page is to click on the profile link (upper right corner) and select "My personal settings > Advanced settings".

Re: Online lights on

ADMINY
Nice work. Thank you.